Silver Cloud bad reviews

mklions

Two years ago we would have agreed with you about the Cape Grace, but after our stay last year when the service was average, and two visits to eat and drink there over the New Year period this year, when the service was truely awful and the attitude of most of the staff very poor, I no longer think it is worth what they charge. The Table Bay is much more reasonable and generally seemed to employ sufficient staff without bad attitude issues.

I checked out the Cape Grace during my stay and didn't care for it at all - dark, gloomy, stuffy, like a London club, but I'm sure service levels are high. Not sure many of the rooms will have a great view of Table Mountain.

My wife and I stayed at Cape Grace for 5 nights last October and I'm also in the 'don't particularly like' camp.

However the vast majority of reviews on TripAdvisor appear to love it, so what do we know !

For anyone that's interested my specific comments are in the TripAdvisor review :-

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312659-d302595-r319354356-Cape_Grace-Cape_Town_Central_Western_Cape.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

NB - to clarify 50% of the rooms face Table Mountain.

My apology as I don't have the great view of Table Mountain from my on this computer.

This is the view from the Table Mountain side of the room we were in ....

Not bad, but 75% of the time we were there it was covered in cloud :(

P1010038a.jpg.f526c273c4bf64e964babe164008238e.jpg

Personally I'm not a huge fan of paying for a view unless of course all you intend to do is sit in the room.. In my case I picked the hotel for location as a s single female... .

machotspur: This is the view from the Table Mountain side of the room we were in ....Not bad' date=' but 75% of the time we were there it was covered in cloud [/quote']

Yes, very good point on room views being "nice", but who spends that much time in your room just sitting there? Also MrsWaldo makes an excellent point that different travelers have variety needs, priorities and personal situations. Location is a key factor in many different ways. Especially if you are a single female.

Yes, also, for machotspur's good point about Table Mountain being covered in clouds at times. During our five days in Cape Town earlier this year, we were fairly lucky to have nice, clear weather that worked well for our needs and desires. When we did the top of Table Mountain, it was one of those "top 10%" weather days with the views very clear and crisp. Lucky!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 40,709 views for these postings.