Toddler bed question

Shelloz

I need some input please. We are heading on our 1st family cruise in 47 days and I'm starting to freak out about sleeping arrangements. We will be on the Carnival Valor 8 day. It will be me, my hubby, our 5 yr. boy and our 2.5 yr old boy. I'm not worried about the 5 yr. old he will love the Pullman at least I hope. It's the 2.5 yr old. He still sleeps in a crib and has never slept w/us. The thought of him not being confined worries me that he won't sleep.

Are the in room cribs pretty big? He's decent sized.

Also, do they leave the crib in the rm 24/7?

Does anyone suggest bringing a pack and play?

Any input would be really helpful.

I assume you have booked a quad cabin. Does it have a couch and upper, or two uppers? The cribs are not full size, just P&P size. if you don't think that will be large enough, You can pull the mattress from the upper down and make it up on the floor. Or if there is a couch, take the topper they will put on the couch and put it on the floor. Without knowing what typer cabin you have - inside, OV, balcony - it is hard to recommend the best configuration. EM

We cruised with our 2.25 year old earlier this summer. He happily sleeps in a crib at home, and we took his pack n play since we drove to the port. He wanted nothing to do with it (screamed and would not lay down in in). He ended up sleeping in our bed which he had not done since he was 4 months old. I was worried, but it turned out fine and he went right back to his crib when we got home. Of course I would have preferred he sleep in the pack n play, but it all worked out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the input. We will be in a balcony rm. I'm eaning towards trying the couch. We will be driving so p&p is still in the running. We will be hitting Disney before the cruise, so I think i'll try a few options and see.

Our children are 3. We are taking inflatable pool noodles for the sofa to tuck as "bed rails." That's where they will sleep. You might consider that trick as it has saved us in hotels! We also have the Shrunks inflatable toddler beds, but our children won't sleep in them.

Edited by lucyddr