All Aboard

minsterman

We're going on Britannia on 19th November cruise and just wondered if anyone could say from experience what the all aboard time usually is.

We've read both that it's half an hour before set sail time (which is what we're used to on other cruises we've been on) but we've also seen that it's a hour before.

Can anyone help us please?

They don't really give a sailing time, this is from the cabin TV:

BBARB3.jpg

The Horizon says all aboard at 5.30pm, the sail away party started at 5:15. From memory if everyone was on the ship they sailed not long after the all aboard time.

Thanks - we were just looking at our itinerary and they had a departure time (which I guess is irrelevant once you're onboard!!) and just wondered how long before that we'd be expected to be back on the ship. If the sailaway party starts 15 mins before all aboard it would seem likely that half an hour before the published departure time would be about right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I believe that you will have to be back aboard Half an Hour before sailing. Announcements will probably be made and there should be a back on board time posted on a sign by the exit of the ship. I believe that your daily planner will also state the time to be back on board. Have a wonderful voyage and happy cruising.

We're going on Britannia on 19th November cruise and just wondered if anyone could say from experience what the all aboard time usually is.

We've read both that it's half an hour before set sail time (which is what we're used to on other cruises we've been on) but we've also seen that it's a hour befuore.

Can anyone help us please?

My experience is that times given before a Cruise do not mean much. On cruises I have been on an all aboard time has been given and that is what is important. Departure has occurred quickly if all has gone smoothly but once departure was delayed 2 hours due to a medical emergency then again 2 hours due to the flight of an entertainer being delayed. Logically calling it an all aboard time should be clear and differentiates it from a time dictated by operational reasons such as pilots and other traffic.