Beer

jason534

Because of the great suggestions from this board I purchased a 50 can roll away cooler. I plan on loading up the night before (warm) putting a tag on it and hope it makes it to the room. Then I have a soft sidded roll away on the return trip for all my wifes bottles of rum she will purchase.

This board is loaded with byob suggestions.

My husband and I bought each other a nice pair of Samsonite Hard-Sided suitcases for Christmas a few years back.... just for our beer! ;)

Last week, I CHECKED a soft-sided cooler with about a case in it. Used a zip-tie to secure. It appeared at my cabin in tact.

(Believe me.... if you're a "drinker", you'll spend PLENTY of money in Carnival's bars.... it's nice to have a little extra!)

i've found many posts about taking (sneaking) liguor onto cruise ships, but i've found nothing about taking beer onboard. does anyone have tips for getting beer onboard? at $3.74 a beer onboard it's worth a shot.

Just got off of the Elation today. I took a case of beer with me. Buy 12 packs of coke. Take the coke out and put beer in the cartons. Wrap in plastic garbage bags but in a suitcase. Lock the suitcase check it through. Never hurts to tip the porter nicely. works everytime

Just got back from an RCCL cruise and I packed a small bottle of Sambuca and Black Hause and the piece of luggage got there just fine. I was upset because I had read on these boards that shots were $12 and they so were not. Our bartenders were so nice they even bought us back a few times! No matter what you bring with you, you will still buy some while on board.

Nanette your too funny special suitcases for beer!...lol;)

Chucksta, you silly boy!:p

We needed new luggage anyway.... why not invest in a good beer-transporting line????

(Hard-Sided Samsonite on wheels is the way to go!):confused:

*belching*

So every one here is talking about CANS of beer i assume....what about bottles? Cans.....bleh....must have Sierra Nevada or Pyramid!!!!

Carnival also sells Miller Lite in the 16qz. plastic bottles too so maybe they would be safer to pack.

Then I have a soft sidded roll away on the return trip for all my wifes bottles of rum she will purchase.

This board is loaded with byob suggestions.

Where did you purchase that cooler?.. We will be in Miami pre cruise and if we can get one of those like at walgreens or something I am so for that!!

I found that the best way to get free booze on a ship is to DUKE the bartender. A $20 bill can go a long way. Order a few drinks and then slip the bartender a 20. You can run a tab at your favorite bar and drink a hundred bucks worth drinks and settle up at the end for only 15 or so dollars. It has worked for us several times.

Both hands extended upward and level with your head, all fingers extended outward, thumbs in your ears. Then stick out your tounge and wiggle all fingers at the sane time.

You won't get free dirnks from the bartender but a few fellow passengers may buy you one.

Hey we carried about 6pks of 6- 24oz. pepsi with us on the ship and then had all the liquor pack in our checked luggage with the battery operated blender. All you have to do is tip the room steward to keep the ice bucket filled and you are good to go.

We had some room stewards look at us in amazment that we had a blender and a whole cabinet full of liquor and sodas. :) That was a fun cruise there....HAHAHA... And a drunk one also...

I have a funny story from my cruise on the Fantasy. I packed a case or more in a suitcase and when the porter went to lift it he say's " O boy dis one's heavy. What you got in here? " I told him I'm a rock collector. DW and I laughed but of course it was delivered to our room.

Then one of the last mornings on the ship I'm talking to some guy at the back of the ship. He tells me a friend of his had his suitcases damaged by someone with beer or booze, I can't remember which. I of course said nothing as I didn't want to be grouped with someone who has no clue how to pack the smuggled contraband.

Glen

Where did you purchase that cooler?.. We will be in Miami pre cruise and if we can get one of those like at walgreens or something I am so for that!!

It looks like a nice suit case. We plan on beer then topping it off with cokes (warm of coarse) the cost was $26.00 or around that.

yes I agree bottles are the only way to drink a cold one, but not convenient in this case, not as heavy either. There will be several purchased by myself while on the boat. (I hope glory don't just have plastic bottles. yuck)

actually the sign on the cooler says it holds 60 cans

It looks like a nice suit case. We plan on beer then topping it off with cokes (warm of coarse) the cost was $26.00 or around that.

yes I agree bottles are the only way to drink a cold one, but not convenient in this case, not as heavy either. There will be several purchased by myself while on the boat. (I hope glory don't just have plastic bottles. yuck)

actually the sign on the cooler says it holds 60 cans

Thanks.. we will have a look once we are in Miami at Walgreens.. since we won't have a car.. We do not want to travel all over the city to find one.. but if we do.. If it doesn't fit in our luggage to bring home on the plane whomever is staying at the HIPOM can have it!!:)

Archived