Getaway port arrival and boarding times

DisneyTwins

Hi! I've tried searching these forums for specifics, but haven't found what I was looking for. My apologies in advance if I have overlooked this on an existing thread.

I am the group leader for a cruise in September on the Getaway. Most of us will be arriving at the port together on a hotel shuttle, but since we've all checked in separately online with NCL, we probably have different port arrival times. I know the eDocs I received said that they will turn away people showing up early, but I know from past experiences on other cruise lines that this isn't always enforced.

We definitely don't want to cause an issue at the port or cause delays for anyone else, so I'm trying to find a good way to manage this.

Boarding looks like it begins at noon- is this usually about the time that it actually begins? How strict is NCL with the port arrival time- is it more of a suggestion or is it super strict? I was hoping we could arrive at the port around 11 so that we minimize the waiting, but if NCL will not let all of us in until later, we will have to choose a later shuttle time. Thank you!

Agreed that your stated arrival time is not enforced, it is just a tool for NCL to spread out the masses. Noonish or a bit before is about right for boarding to begin. One thing to note is that NCL uses two terminals (based on your stateroom deck) so your shuttle driver may make two stops- make sure your people are paying attention.

Hi! I've tried searching these forums for specifics, but haven't found what I was looking for. My apologies in advance if I have overlooked this on an existing thread.

I am the group leader for a cruise in September on the Getaway. Most of us will be arriving at the port together on a hotel shuttle, but since we've all checked in separately online with NCL, we probably have different port arrival times. I know the eDocs I received said that they will turn away people showing up early, but I know from past experiences on other cruise lines that this isn't always enforced.

We definitely don't want to cause an issue at the port or cause delays for anyone else, so I'm trying to find a good way to manage this.

Boarding looks like it begins at noon- is this usually about the time that it actually begins? How strict is NCL with the port arrival time- is it more of a suggestion or is it super strict? I was hoping we could arrive at the port around 11 so that we minimize the waiting, but if NCL will not let all of us in until later, we will have to choose a later shuttle time. Thank you!

The only issue I can see that you might have is: some may be boarding from Terminal B and others Terminal C. In order to get your room key you have to board in the correct terminal- they can not walk from one terminal to the other to get keys. If this is the case, tell everyone to meet in the Atrium (the lobby) Deck 6 after you board. The Atrium serves as the hub for many activities and the Java Cafe and The Atrium Bar is right there.