New Oosterdam Suites

keikobad

Hello,

we just booked SB 5190 aft corner on the Oosterdam for the med and look forward to the huge shady verandah. Does anyone know if HAL refurbished all suites on the Oosterdam during last drydock or only the SA ones? Does anyone have pics after the last drydock or knows if there have been more changes than the suites refurbishment on the vessel?

Thanks and safe travels to everyone!

Timo

Hello,

we just booked SB 5190 aft corner on the Oosterdam for the med and look forward to the huge shady verandah. Does anyone know if HAL refurbished all suites on the Oosterdam during last drydock or only the SA ones? Does anyone have pics after the last drydock or knows if there have been more changes than the suites refurbishment on the vessel?

Timo

Haven't been on it since the latest drydock but all suites were overhauled (not sure about verandahs and below), all rooms got the interactive tvs, the area that was Northern Lights is now Gallery Bar. The Piano Bar/Sports Bar area is now Billboard Onboard. Explorers Lounge is now Lincoln Center Stage but I don't believe there was THAT MUCH of a decor change in there (not certain on this). The extra portion of the deck forward of the magrodome was added, additional rooms put in and the cabana area above it. Everything else that guests see is cosmetic I believe... unless I missed something.

Hello,

Timo

We had your same suite in January, 6-7 weeks before refurb. I pointed out some deficiencies in the suite, which HAL compensated us for, and they stated the suite was to be refurbished during dry dock along with all the other Neptunes.

We loved the suite as a whole. We were in 5191 on the Zuiderdam the cruise before so we switched sides of the ship to change things up. We'll be in an deck 7 aft-wrap on the Eurodam this January. Obviously we think they're hard to beat.

5190 and 5191 have the most amazing balconies afloat. They can hold 30-40 people easily and are totally private and covered to keep warm in cold climates and cool in the tropics. Our favorite staterooms on HAL. Enjoy the cruise and the space!

Thanks everyone for the information which give me the feeling that the decision for this suite was just the right one. I didn't know that the new entertainment venues were installed. Thanks for that too.

• 2 weeks later...
Was it just the Neptune Suites that were renovated or were the Signature Suites also overhauled?

Post #2 said

Haven't been on it since the latest drydock but all suites were overhauled (not sure about verandahs and below), ...

Post #2 said

Post #2 my have said that all suites were being renovated but post #3 implied that it was only the Neptune suites that were getting renovated.

"We had your same suite in January, 6-7 weeks before refurb. I pointed out some deficiencies in the suite, which HAL compensated us for, and they stated the suite was to be refurbished during dry dock along with all the other Neptunes."

There is no reason to get snarky. I was only looking for clarification, which is something that you failed to provide

Edited by BBQ Lover

There is no reason to get snarky.
Not snarky at all - just pointing out what you might have overlooked. IMO post #3 did not imply that only the Neptunes were done.

Edited by jtl513