help with rooms

Madkitty

We have booked an interior room but I am looking at upgrading as a suprise - does anyone know if there is much difference really between the inside rooms and those with a balcony. Also are the balconies big enough and have sunbeds or would I just be better to think about a junior suite?

The average balcony cabin is about the same size as an inside cabin, it just has a balcony. The balcony itself in a standard balcony cabin is about 36 sq. ft. There are two chairs and a small table. These are just regular chairs, not lounges that recline as there is not enough room for sunbed type chairs. If you want sunbed type chairs you need a cabin that has an oversize balcony such as some of the suites and the famous aft cabins.

If you go to the www.rccl.com website and look at the deck plans for all of the ships, you can see the sizes of all the cabins. You can then judge by the pictures what cabin you think you would like to up grade to. By looking at these deck plans, you can pick the cabins that have the largest balconies, by where it is located.

Click on this to take you to all the ships and deck plans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do;jsessionid=0000za4LaUpaq9wwqRODX1gJw0L:10ktmf1jr?cS=NAVBAR

From what I have learned the only time you are going to get a bigger balcony is if you go with a JS aft cabin.

If you go to webshots.com you will be able to search cabins on your particular ship and get an idea of what they different cabins are like.

You might get more answers if you tell us what ship you are looking at.

what are the "famous aft cabins" - I'm a newbie so all this lingo is foreign to me :eek:

Aft cabins are those that are along the back of the ship. If you look at the deck plans, you can see how much bigger they are. I am booked in 1394 on the Voyager next month and my balcony is about 12 x 12 feet and has room for a table, two chairs and I believe two lounge chairs.

Aft cabins are those that are along the back of the ship. If you look at the deck plans, you can see how much bigger they are. I am booked in 1394 on the Voyager next month and my balcony is about 12 x 12 feet and has room for a table, two chairs and I believe two lounge chairs.

Then you should have plenty of room to invite all of your close friends from Cruise Critic over for a drink.....:D :D

The aft cabins are not really considered bigger but a different shape such because they are longer. Its the balconies that are bigger.

1688 and 1388 are corner cabins but are priced at a D1 rate instead of a JS rate. Those are the ones to go after first.

Do not apologize for asking questions on here. That is how we all started as "newbies".

I have added to my above posting a site to go to for a deck plan page for all the ships in the RCCL fleet.

You will see by the decks and locations, cabins with all the bigger balconies.

I would grab 8618. We prefer the middle of the hump. A regular size balcony but a great view and total privacy on your balcony.

We have 8320 booked for the two weeks on the sister ship the Navigator in 2006.

We also had the middle of the hump on the Brilliance and loved it.

Just my opinion. ;)

Archived