Just off the ade 8 day med cruise out of Venice

92ufgator

We just returned home from our 8 day cruise. All in all we had a great time and enjoyed the Jade. A few things were disappointing after being on the RC Allure of the Seas last year, but for the most part we enjoyed it. I won't have time to write a full review, but am happy to answer any questions about eh ship of the itinerary.

I should have chosen a different word. My kids missed some of the amenities of the Allure, but we knew that going in and chose this ship for the itinerary, which we loved. For me, I enjoyed the smaller ship and liked the food very much in the specialty restaurants and thought it was fine in the mdr. I thought the servers in the mdr were not very friendly, but it was fine.

Allure/Oasis vs Jade is night and day. We loved Oasis...its one of our top two favorite ships. Yes, it would be a step down for the kids in regards to activities. Having been on both Oasis and Gem/Pearl, the NCL ship design can be ...underwhelming... in comparison. But, you're there for those fantastic ports, and the Jade delivers those nicely out of Venice (my all time favorite city). Hope you all had a great time.

I should have chosen a different word. My kids missed some of the amenities of the Allure, but we knew that going in and chose this ship for the itinerary, which we loved. For me, I enjoyed the smaller ship and liked the food very much in the specialty restaurants and thought it was fine in the mdr. I thought the servers in the mdr were not very friendly, but it was fine.

Their is no way to compare the two ships. Your really talking Apples vs Oranges

We just returned home from our 8 day cruise. All in all we had a great time and enjoyed the Jade. A few things were disappointing after being on the RC Allure of the Seas last year, but for the most part we enjoyed it. I won't have time to write a full review, but am happy to answer any questions about eh ship of the itinerary.

Of course , you went from Allure to Jade, big step down.

I wasn't trying to really compare the Jade vs Allure - we certainly knew the differences when we booked. I was just summarizing my thoughts on the two experiences. Again, we enjoyed the Jade and loved the cruise itinerary. If any upcoming Jade passengers have questions (I had many prior to the cruise), I am happy to answer.

Hi we are going on the jade on 27/8. First time on ncl. We have been with rci 9 times. Did you notice if they did larger group tables?

Can you eat in the main restaurants for breakfast or is it just the buffet restaurant?

Can you tell us what time the shows,are please

Thank you

Hi we are going on the jade on 27/8. First time on ncl. We have been with rci 9 times. Did you notice if they did larger group tables?

Can you eat in the main restaurants for breakfast or is it just the buffet restaurant?

Can you tell us what time the shows,are please

Thank you

If you have a large group, they will move tables to accommodate you, just like any other restaurant.

Yes, there's a main restaurant open for breakfast.