Any chance iconcierge app gets added to dawn

James_Elmore

I'm a first time cruiser and like the idea of being able to send text messages to others in my family was curious why this wasn't available on dawn. I'm not going till March and wondered if support might be added for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if it is on the Gem?

Yes, it's been available on the GEM for a while.

Generally speaking, expect the "free" features to work reasonably well but the paid options - calling & texting other registered/activated users on the ship (and, voice calling home over ship's paid WiFi - being at best, hit-n-miss ... exception being the Breakaway)

That seemed to be the majority view at the moment, until the promised SpeedNet (faster speed) rollout across the fleet - obviously, missing the July 2016 targeted delivery goal ... with 2 hours left when the calendar turn August here on the EDT.

Yes, it's been available on the GEM for a while.

Generally speaking, expect the "free" features to work reasonably well but the paid options - calling & texting other registered/activated users on the ship (and, voice calling home over ship's paid WiFi - being at best, hit-n-miss ... exception being the Breakaway)

That seemed to be the majority view at the moment, until the promised SpeedNet (faster speed) rollout across the fleet - obviously, missing the July 2016 targeted delivery goal ... with 2 hours left when the calendar turn August here on the EDT.

We signed up for the iConcierge on our last Escape cruise and were very UNimpressed. Delivery of texts and phone messages extremely hit or miss..you really couldn't rely on it at all. Sometimes messages from the day before would all arrive in a bunch the next day.

Even the "view your account" feature was suspect, as there were charges on it that made no sense, and when we went to guest services to figure it out, they were removed.

IMO, it hasn't improved at all since they introduced it a long while ago. It seems like what it's really intended for is to deliver sales messages to you..it seems to do THAT very well.

Edited by VideoTech