Crystal river cruises to redeploy two new builds to rhine & danube rivers

Keith1010

Even with the Mozart, there were rooms disappearing and being renumbered.

I asked for a new room assignment and Jayayeff's friends room totally disappeared. Took a while for Crystal to inform them if they were still sailing on that voyage. It could be better handled with some planning before external communications begin.

When the Mozart rooms were renumbered, my original room was renumbered however my original room number was still in the same category but in a different location. Crystal left me with the same cabin number even though the location changed. My TA did not notice the change in physical location, but I was on top of it. My cabin number has now been changed, and I am now back in my original location.

So even if an assigned cabin number has not changed, it is best to check the location against the revised deck plans.

When the Mozart rooms were renumbered, my original room was renumbered however my original room number was still in the same category but in a different location. Crystal left me with the same cabin number even though the location changed. My TA did not notice the change in physical location, but I was on top of it. My cabin number has now been changed, and I am now back in my original location.

So even if an assigned cabin number has not changed, it is best to check the location against the revised deck plans.

Excellent advice. On the Mahler for next year with the revised deck plans, I still had the same cabin number but a totally different location (the original location no longer existing). Fortunately a different cabin in the same category in yet a third location opened up and I was able to get it.

My friend I'm traveling with is still on a guarantee with no location and no availability shown on the sailing.

My friend I'm traveling with is still on a guarantee with no location and no availability shown on the sailing.

When my room was relocated due change in numbering, my TA first told me that there was no more availability in the same category (PH). While I was resigned to this, she still passed my dissatisfied comments to Crystal. Crystal then offered me an alternative room in the same category in a much better location.

I would not take "no availability showing" as being the definitive state of play. I think Crystal blocks some availability irrespective of bookings receives. This gives them some leeway to manage things. A friend of mine could only book a waitlist while on a cruise last month and it cleared the moment she got home. It was the first leg of the 2017 Grand Circle cruise. Even the on-board future sales person cannot see any more information compared with a normal TA.

Edited by JohnKen3