Wonder Tables for two

Sissaaaaaa

On Cruise Critic, we waited impatiently for members to come back from the press preview cruises and the "maiden" cruise. It was both shocking and hilarious to read about how things went. PA announcements in your cabin all day, lots of confusion in the shows, plenty of food SNAFUs and a lot of the features didn't work right like the "Personal" navigators and the photo kiosks. It took DCL about 10 years to get the printless photo system right. The technology wasn't there.

We were on Magic voyage 8 a couple of weeks later and they had brought aboard a whole bunch more staff and things were running much more smoothly. Our KTTW cards were troublesome but we just rolled with it because it was a wonderful time.

One thing. The paint never properly cured in the Mickey pool so there were a lot of people with blue tinted feet. It became a shipboard joke. During the Hercules show, Hades rose from below the stage and when he turned his legs, his feet were painted bright blue. The place erupted in laughter.

Host Mick,

Did you also cruise on the Wonder shortly after her maiden voyage?

I thought the Magic opened with Ghost Ship, C'est Magique and Dreams?

ex techie

Host Mick,

ex techie

I started to concur with Mick, but then I realized that the cruises have started running into each other. Our first sailing on the Magic was only a 3-day, and while I remember Ghost Ship and Hercules, The Muse-ical well, I don't remember if we first saw it there or on the wonder two years later. Now I have to go dig up my old navigators!

Host Mick,

ex techie

It was Voyage of the Ghost Ship, Hercules the Muse-ical and Disney Dreams on the Disney Magic until they yanked Ghost Ship then much later, Hercules.

I never saw C'est Magique. I haven't sailed on the Wonder yet.

It was Voyage of the Ghost Ship, Hercules the Muse-ical and Disney Dreams on the Disney Magic until they yanked Ghost Ship then much later, Hercules.

I never saw C'est Magique. I haven't sailed on the Wonder yet.

Ah, C'est Magique must have replaced Ghost Ship! And that was replaced by Golden Mickey's!

ex techie