Mirabella Sail & Snorkel Excursion with 4/5 year old?

IGDuncan92

Sorry long post.

I was looking at NCLs excursions and two of their snorkelling excursions, one including a catamaran trip with mini slide etc. says suitabke for 4 year olds? The Im looking at is Mirabella Sail and Snorkel.

What do you think? I would have a 4 year old, and Im not sure at all how that would work. There would be 5 adults on the trip with her. Shes a complete waterbaby. Has anyone been on the tours. It seems like you can snorkel or swim or be on the boat etc. So the thinking is that family memebers could take turns snorkelling in bits. And the rest could be in the boat or in the sea with my daughter? Obviously shed have a life jacket ill be bringing with me. Ive watched a few videos who have their kids or this tour on the boat butthey arent clear what the kids were doing

Its a stop at two places and a beach. Has anyone actually been on his tour and could tell me yes or no its completey unsuitable, despite the age guide?

We did a similar sounding excursion with our daughter when she was 6. Catamaran, snorkelling off the catamaran, which anchored off a beach. We could swim to the beach and relax there or just snorkel and/or stay on the catamaran.

She had some trouble figuring out how to breathe with the snorkel and was a bit nervous in the ocean, in water that deep. But once she got the hang of it she was fine. And she wasn't a real water baby, she could swim but still liked the safety of seeing the bottom under her. Even in a life jacket she didn't just trust and float. She wanted to keep kicking to stay up.

But she did snorkel with us. And swam to the beach (and back) about 200 yds or so maybe? But she also could have stayed on the boat if she wanted to, with an adult.

If she can't figure out the snorkel, she could just use the mask to see the fish.

Ours was one stop, snorkelling and beach at the same stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a stop at two places and a beach. Has anyone actually been on his tour and could tell me yes or no its completey unsuitable, despite the age guide?

We were on Mirabella in November 2013. If you feel comfortable having her on a catamaran I wouldn't call it completely unsuitable. There is shade and facilities, the slides are small but might be fun for her. If she is used to swimming in deep water and not being able to touch the ground.

My husband snorkled at the first snorkle stop but decided to stay on the boat at the beach stop. They would have offered to take him to the beach on a dinghy, had the sea been less choppy. Very nice crew, snorkling was okay (you need to stay close to the guide if you want to be able to hear what he tells you and to look at what he brings up), snack (bread, salsa, chips), fishing from the boat on the way back, watched the planes at Maho.

I think the beach stop was at Mullet Bay, from the map snorkeling must have been at Little Bay?

We are considering doing it again this fall if we don't decide on doing a private tour.