*After embarkation* questions...

kdj

Hello!

We are sailing out of Barcelona on the Vista in August 2016. Could someone tell me what time non-suite passengers have access to their staterooms?

We have a 10-10:30 am check in time. Is my understanding correct that we would therefore be among the first group of passengers to board the ship?

What time would boarding begin?

If the stateroom is 'not ready for passengers yet' do you know if we can drop our carry on suitcases in the room and leave to get lunch/explore the ship?

Thanks in advance for your insight and shared experience! kdj

My cruise is in October, when the online check in should be done? (what happens if i get upgraded after doing check in?)

I understand that only after check in you can get a time window to board....

Do your check in as soon as you want, earlier is better if your ship is doing staggered check in. The info will stay with your current reservation if you are upgraded or move cabins. The confirmation number remains the same no matter what.

My cruise is in October, when the online check in should be done? (what happens if i get upgraded after doing check in?)

I understand that only after check in you can get a time window to board....

You get a check-in time which allows you to enter the terminal to go thru the check-in process. There is no such thing as a "time window to board".

According to Carnival, staggered checkin is not being used in NY. Does that mean the Vista repo cruise on 11/16 won't use staggered checkin? This is my first cruise out of NY, even though I'm a native, and I can only imagine the clusterf*** with all those people in that terminal. FTTF no longer available.

According to Carnival, staggered checkin is not being used in NY. Does that mean the Vista repo cruise on 11/16 won't use staggered checkin? This is my first cruise out of NY, even though I'm a native, and I can only imagine the clusterf*** with all those people in that terminal. FTTF no longer available.

Nope. No staggered check in for our cruise :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If crowds are not your thing, and I assume sail time out of NYC is 4pm, get to the terminal around 2....it should be almost empty

Edited by First and Ten

If crowds are not your thing, and I assume sail time out of NYC is 4pm, get to the terminal around 2....it should be almost empty

Sailing from NYC for that sailing actually got pushed back to 6pm, so 2pm or later would definitely make for a more comfortable process.

We have a hotel near the port and are looking forward to walking to the ship, not bothering with a cab as we can only imagine how much traffic there must be around there when a large ship is boarding!

You also are not allowed in the staterooms until they are ready unless diamond, platinum, or FTTF. On most cruises, not sure about the Vista, this is usually around 1:30.

Pat

I'm about to go platinum and have never had a problem getting into my cabin. 9 cruises and every time, there was no problem getting in before 1.30

I'm about to go platinum and have never had a problem getting into my cabin. 9 cruises and every time, there was no problem getting in before 1.30

If the rooms are ready, not a problem. If you walked by the closed doors that asked you not to enter unless FTTF or Priority, it was a problem.

Pat

Just returned from the Vista and we had a check in slot of 10-1030. The announcements with regard to boarding were very muffled and we couldn't understand it but basically, once the platinum etc folk had boarded, they started calling forward the other groups. We were on the ship by 11.15 and in our room by just gone 1pm