I Survived Wilma~!!!!

hey everyone

I just NOW got back from the enchantment of the seas (supposed to come back monday).......well.......I survived wilma!! We were IN the storm!! and the waters were ROCKY as ever...I have lots of tips and info for people.....and also a trip report....if anyone has questions they would like to ask about ports or wilma or enchantmenr...feel free!!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Nicole

How funny.... we survived a hurricain on board the Enchantment a few years ago.... It was rocky lol. So how long was the wait for room service (7 hours when we were in it). We stayed in the storm for about 4 days and a vast majority of the people on the boat were sick (including the staff). WE still tell the stories!

on Grand Princess. We were at Grand Cayman & the folks there suddenly were rapping up tours early telling everyone we need to be back to our ship since we'll be leaving early. This hurricane just showed with no weather news all week. The waves were huge, we were rocking & rolling, everything was on the floor from the bathroom to the stateroom. Announcements for us not to be on our balconies. We were thrown out of bed, as were many others that we spoke with. Just walking anywhere was a chore.

Ok everyone....heres your reply...sorry it took me a while....so ill start with day1...we went to ft lauderdale port and the lady at the brigde or w/e told us we shuldn't go in b/c it was 1030 and that was too early...(my mom did mariner in may and boarded at 11) soo we drove back to the hotel and decided that we would just turn around adn go back (we did) we got there (confusing port!) and lots of people were already there...and the ship was delayed disembarking....sooo we got onboard at 1145-12ish....once aboard we went upto the windjammer...nice lunch...then we toured around..... very nice ship!!! our favorite spot was the viking crown lounge(deck11) DONT MISS THIS!!!! soo we had a few ordeals...my mom ordered 3 wine bottles for the table and they were not delivered....soo finally my mom got those but still....also our beds in our room werent seperated as asked to be....but these problems were worked out fine....very friendly staff~!!! then the next 2 days we went to freeport and nassau(b/c of wilma)....that was nice but i would have prefered key west and cozumel...also another thing the teen club wasnt very inviting...but there were only about 15 teens on board anyway...the show we saw opn the second night was very good(stage to screeN) try to catch this one!! Our room waiter was Rajiv from india at table 160....try and get him he is very good!! and our room stewardsit was excellent (room #7565)...captain per is very funny....he joked alot on his announcements...he deffiinetally knows what he is doing....ok so along came wilma....WELL!!!! lets just say my brain is still rocking from side to side....it was pretty rough (crew said roughest ever) but none of us got sick(group of 7) there were many who were ill...alot of them laying in the lobby(which was beatiful) with pillows and blankets(it was cold) we think they were out there b/c the rooms were rockyer...alot of people getting room service..i cant imagine the wait...that night in bed it felt like a tilt a whirl from the carnival...that whole day we videoed the waves and took lots of pictures...the decks were closed except for the pocket outside the windjammer for smokers..other than the day of wilma the weather was BEATIFUL...90's and sunny....the day of wilma actually wasnt an original crusie date...it was the extended day of our cruise (we had 2 extra nights free!!) some people were quite angry about that tho...they gave us 1 free call and 15 minutes per cabin online....nice of them!...the 2nd day of delays we woke up nice and early grabbed breakfast and waited in the viking crown for info...around noon w went to the lobby and everyone was sitting around with their luggage (carryons) they took our normal luggage unless express (which i reccomend) luckily we had our luggage b/c they kept it that night the rest of our group was borrowing shirts and stuff ffrom us....(funny!)...that night at dinner was funny b/c some people even had on pj's....the reason we didnt go in the 2nd day as expected was b/c port everglades was closed(we ended up going to miami)...soo overall i give the cruise a 4.3 out of 5!!! heres my ratings

Overall cruise-4.3

Food-4

Entertainment-4

Teen/kids area-3.5

Staterooms-4 nice but small....

Staff-5+++

stretched area-4.9

windjammer-4

lifestyle photography-3 we did it one night and pictures turrned out horrible...we had to lay on top of each other for pics..odd......

but overall this cruise was wonderful!!!!

We loved the rock wall and new jump zone as well!!!!!! very fun!!!

Any questions anyone has i will gladly answer....sorry this is sooo loong...

Thanks

Nicole

Nicole,

Looks like I got off just as you were getting on - we were on the 10/15 cruise when Enchantment changed from Grand Cayman to Labadee to avoid the storm then. We didn't catch any of it that I could tell, though. Yes, Captain Per is quite interesting! Our Quest was the wildest ever, according to Chris Armas - did he say the same thing about yours? (Just wonderin' if he says that all of the time! :D )

Archived