Staying FLL one night but cruising from MIAMI hotel needed

riandei

Lots of threads on this very topic - try using the search button toward the top right of the screen. ;)

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Shared shuttles from the FLL area to POM are widely available with fares starting at about $15 per person for the 45-60+ minute ride. SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others offer this service and list the hotels they pick-up at on their web sites.

Your other options to get to POM include taxi (about $75-80), private car service (check Go Airport or Larry's Limos) and Uber (about $45 unless surge pricing is in effect).

We are flying into fll and would like to spend the night in fll area....we will need to get to port of mia in the morning

Any recommendations for locations /hotels

Thank you

Stay in a FLL area hotel with a free airport shuttle then shuttle to Port Miami the next morning with a shared shuttle service such as SAS.

Another option is to rent a car at FLL and drop it at MIA and take the free port shuttle. The last I heard only a few rental car companies participated in the shuttle, though.

There is only one hotel with free shuttle from the airport that is located in town. That's Hyatt Place on 10th. Cab to town from FLL won't be much more than $15 and less for sure with uber. Don't base your hotel choice on shuttle from FLL. Too limiting.

Know too that not all shared shuttles to POM stop at all hotels. Their websites will give a list of regular stops.

There is only one hotel with free shuttle from the airport that is located in town. That's Hyatt Place on 10th.

Hyatt House, Holiday Inn Express South, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, La Quinta Inn, Courtyard FLL & Cruise Port, Crowne Plaza, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express (Highway 84/Marina Mile), Hampton Inn, Residence Inn...And the list goes on...

Hyatt House, Holiday Inn Express South, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn, La Quinta Inn, Courtyard FLL & Cruise Port, Crowne Plaza, Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express (Highway 84/Marina Mile), Hampton Inn, Residence Inn...And the list goes on...

I was offering the hotel in the downtown area with shuttle. Yes, there are lots of chain hotels in Dania Beach and nearer the airport, if just looking for a bed. I wouldn't stay out there if OP has any time to enjoy the city with no car.

I was offering the hotel in the downtown area with shuttle. Yes, there are lots of chain hotels in Dania Beach and nearer the airport, if just looking for a bed. I wouldn't stay out there if OP has any time to enjoy the city with no car.

Oh...You mean the Hyatt Place in the port area. That's not Downtown. Downtown would be the Las Olas area.

I thought you were talking about the Hyatt Place across from Hyatt House across Stirling Road from Oakwood Plaza Mall. Lots of restaurants there like the Hollywood Ale House, Sweet Tomatoes, Dave and Buster's, Moonlite Diner, Chipotle, McDonald's Taco Bell, Wendy's, etc., etc., and shops and stores like K-Mart, Roth's, BJ's Wholesale, Barnes & Noble, Big Lots, Old Navy, Payless Shoes and even a movie theater, all within walking distance.

The Hyatt in the port area you speak of does have an airport shuttle, but they do charge a $2 fee per reservation for its use, which is pretty insignificant, but again, they are not Downtown.

All the other hotels I listed are close to restaurants, shopping and even Bass Pro Shop and the Fishing Hall of Fame. A wonderful La Quinta Inn is on the south end of Oakwood Plaza Mall and is actually closer to Sweet Tomatoes, Hollywood Ale House, Wendy's, Red Lobster and other restaurants.

Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn and Courtyard are a short walk to Rustic Inn Crabhouse, Tropical Acres Steakhouse, Bass Pro Shop and the Fishing Hall of Fame. I mean, who doesn't want to see a bunch of dead fish while they are on vacation in Ft Lauderdale, right?

• 4 weeks later...

thank you for your replies

we are interested in a hotel that is WALKING distance to a nice restaurant. something more upscale than a chili's or olive garden. We will be meeting friends for dinner that will be driving. We do not want to rent a car. If we rent a car we can pretty much stay at any hotel.