CB 10/29 from Denver, traveling on 10/28 help!

frostola

Anyone traveling from Denver for the CB 10/29 and departing on Friday?

Just learned our hotel is closed. Also learned the airport and port everglades is opening tomorrow. So the only missing link is a place to stay on Friday night. Checked for flights on Saturday but they all arrive to late. Anyone else in the same situation? What are you doing?

Although I am not going on this cruise. I have a fellow worker who is. He also found out that his hotel will not be open. He is also going down on friday and says he will probably spend the night in the airport and then take a taxi the following morning. Sorry for all your problems.

I have the same problem, I have rented a car but not sure what to do with it, maybe sleep in it. Or maybe everyone can meet in the airport and start the party early.

Just not sure yet.

The good news is I am from Chicago and we have a champ after all these years:)

Could you rebook into Orlando or Tampa and then drive down from there? If our hotel is not open by next Thursday when were planning to arrive for our 11/05 CB cruise, we are going to drive to Orlando and peruse the parks and then drive the rest of the away on Saturday.

One of the threads made mention that most of the hotels in Miami are open now or will be soon. Who knows how many openings they will have or if there will be price gouging but it's only 30 mins or so from Port Everglades. Sounds like a better option then a party at the airport! :)

Scott

I am hearing that problems with staying in Miami is there is a huge gas shortage due to no gas or pumps not having power, so that makes transportation a problem. I am afraid of getting down there and getting stuck, 95% of the city is still without power and there are lines everywhere for water, ice and gas, and the city is under a curfew. What are we going to do if we have no place to stay.

Go White Socks! Formely from Illinois.

I posted to your other thread but now have the reason you're concerned. yes coming from the west means you'd be too late on Saturday. I just had a thought that if you are stuck at FLL airport bring an inexpensive inflatable mattress that you just discard if you like. I think you'll have to go real far away to find a hotel. Think about no traffic signals, no gas for cars or CABS. I wouldn't leave the safety of the airport and the proximity of it to your ship. I land at FLL at 12:15pm on Sat and if we have to, my wife and I can walk the 2 or 3 miles with luggage in 4 hrs. Ha Ha. Really, we're all stuck and those like you more than others but this is our vacations...some people are livin in this...

P.S. ahem...it's WHITE SOX and they are The 2005 World Champions

We booked on Frontier for Saturday, since United cancelled our flights for Friday and rebooked us to late for Saturday. It is good to know that you had plenty of time. I thought a vacation was suppose to be relaxing, this is exhausting.

I know that this has to have you stressed out of your mind, but you're on the flight! Congrats! I've done same day flights now twice this year with Frontier and I've had nothing but good luck and plenty of time. Grab a cab, head to the pier, and you probably won't have anyone in line for embarkation!

The fun that you're going to have on this cruise will make you forget about all this stress leading up to it! Have a great week and don't forget to set 100 alarms for tomorrow morning. :D

Archived