Art Classes

wblee

Hi all, some advice please. We are due to go on our 6th cruise on Oceana at the end of November and I am considering joining the art class (I am assuming there will be one as there has been on the previous 5). I used to enjoy art many years ago but I was always envious of those who could do complicated drawings accurately and with minimum use of a rubber!

I really don't want to look a dunce!

Has anyone with similar skill levels experience of doing these classes?

Lastly would it be better to take my own stuff with me or just buy them from the tutor?

Thanks.

I always attend the art classes. You will find people of all abilities some of whom have never picked up a paintbrush before! You will meet new people wnd hopefully learn something new. I take the kit I bought the first time I went, its good value. For £20. You get paints , brushes, pencil, eraser and an art pad. Just go along and enjoy!

Hi all, some advice please. We are due to go on our 6th cruise on Oceana at the end of November and I am considering joining the art class (I am assuming there will be one as there has been on the previous 5). I used to enjoy art many years ago but I was always envious of those who could do complicated drawings accurately and with minimum use of a rubber!

I really don't want to look a dunce!

Has anyone with similar skill levels experience of doing these classes?

Lastly would it be better to take my own stuff with me or just buy them from the tutor?

Thanks.

My DW had the same concerns as you the first time but she loved it from day one.

She's now a big fan and it's become a big part of her holiday.

She takes no equipment with her at all.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mike

Hi there, myself and hubby joined the art classes for the first time on the Oriana a couple of years ago. We both have zero skills or talent but were made very welcome, the teacher was most helpful with our poor colour mixing techniques and we saw improvement over the holiday. After a couple of days people were arriving earlier and earlier to get the best seats for light, closest to the teacher etc. We bought a bag of supplies on board (we tried to share initially, but that didn't work) and friends and family saw this new found interest as a gift opportunity. We are cruising next week and have more paint, paper and even an easle that we could take. I dare not take all our expensive supplies as what we will produce will not live up to them. If you have your own supplies take them, many other people did. Go for it I say, we found it so relaxing, the time just flew by.