Santorini excursions

zone8grandma

I'd like to hear from someone who has taken shore excursions in Santorini.

The included excursion is "Summits & Countryside". If you took it can you describe it?

If you took a paid excursion, can you describe it and tell me whether you thought it was worth it?

Thanks!

Edited by zone8grandma

We were on the inaugural cruise, so things may have changed. We were transferred by tender to the far side of the island where buses took groups of +/- 40. There were many buses and many groups but things were very organized and efficient. We stopped at several towns and had narrated walking tours. I seem to remember the guides not using the voice boxes. At the scenic overlook all the buses were there at the same time and manoeuvering was difficult. When we got to Thira there was a hilly walk from the bus stop to the caldera overlook, there were complaints about the difficulty of the walk. We were given tram tickets for the trip down to the tender port. Definitely worthwhile. We'd been to Santorini before, but never left the town where the tender docked.

I'd like to hear from someone who has taken shore excursions in Santorini.

The included excursion is "Summits & Countryside". If you took it can you describe it?

If you took a paid excursion, can you describe it and tell me whether you thought it was worth it?

Thanks!

We took the included tour and enjoyed it very much. As Sitraveler has said, we were tendered to the far side of the island and then assigned to busses for our tour of the island. It was a thorough tour, including Fira, a stop on an overlook to see the caldera and outer islands, Oia, and plenty of free time for wandering, shopping, having lunch, whatever. We ended up back in Fira with tickets for the cable car back down to the tenders back to the ship.

It was one of my favorite ports.

Becki