B2B process, can just one person stay onboard to sort cards etc out?

cshellz

We are on Vista B2B, the port will be Barcelona. My husband and daughter want to visit Camp Nou, I dont. Will it be possible for them to leave the ship first thing and I do the walking off the ship and back on thing Ive read about.

I would then just meet them off the ship for a walk around Las Ramblas so if I was able to get their new cards they would have them for boarding.

Is this possible, are there any implications I need to be aware of?

We are on Vista B2B, the port will be Barcelona. My husband and daughter want to visit Camp Nou, I dont. Will it be possible for them to leave the ship first thing and I do the walking off the ship and back on thing Ive read about.

I would then just meet them off the ship for a walk around Las Ramblas so if I was able to get their new cards they would have them for boarding.

Is this possible, are there any implications I need to be aware of?

We have never done b2b in Barcelona. However, we did b2b in Hawaii. Since there will not be any customs/immigration issues, you may possibly get your new S&S the night before. If so, they can get off whenever they want. I believe the only stipulation is that they cannot reboard until a certain time ( to ensure that all passengers from the previous cruise have left your first cruise ).

With your new S&S cards, you will probably get a transit card so upon your return, you can bypass the new passengers coming on board.

That was how it was done in Hawaii as we did our immigration in Vancouver. I believe your 1st cruise will be all EU ports? Even if Turkey is in the mix, the ship has arranged all for that to be sorted out before arrival in Barcelona?

As for having your photo on the new card, that can be done upon re boarding. Or , since the Vista has the new digital features, your photo may already be on your new card when you get it.

Thanks for replies.

Ruthless - It was just so they can get a head start on the day. From what I've read by the time they've gone through and are ready to leave the ship it would be around 1030-1100. As it's not a proper port day I think we have to be back onboard by 400 and I definitely don't want to be cutting it fine. If it's not possible I'll just change out plans, it would just be easier.

Missi - yes it's all EU ports. I'll just pre buy the ticket for Camp Nou and if time wise it's not possible they can go when we disembark.

When you do a B2B in Europe, there are no customs/immigration checks. You treat it just like any other port day. leave when you want - or not. Come back before ship sails. There is no requirement to 'zero down' the ship. You will probably have to attend the second muster drill. There will be a letter in your cabin a day or two before the end of the first cruise with details. You will get an 'In transit' pass for returning to the ship so you do not have to go through the checkin area, although you may still have to go through security. EM