Getting from Plaka area to Pireas by X80 bus

HawkIVette

Can anyone tell me if the X80 bus stops near the terminal for Vista?

And how long a walk it is to the terminal?

I am specifically asking from bus stop to terminal, as we are getting on the ship.

I have searched the Port of Call page and read that the x80 bus does go to Pireas, but unsure how far a walk we would have from the bus stop to the terminal. Please don't send me back there, as a night of searching did not give me an answer.

I will take other suggestions as to how to get from Athens to Port also, with costs included please? 5 of us will be traveling from Plaka area to port. TIA

Edited by HawkIVette

When we were on the Vista for the inaugural in May, Athens was one of our ports. We were at Terminal B and the stop for the x80 bus was directly across the road from the entrance/exit to the terminal.

Now I cannot give you personal experience from using the bus as all public transportation was on strike the day we were there.

If the terminal for your embarkation is terminal B, then the stop is across the road.

It would cost more, but you could get a mini bus that seats up to 8 for about 70 euro (Maybe you could find 2 or 3 more on your roll call that might help split the cost). Its only the two of us, so I am going to pay the taxi fare from the airport to our hotel, and again from the hotel to the port. I just don't want to risk mass transit.

This link my help you get a better idea of cost. http://www.athens-taxicity.com/category/price-list.htm

Thanks. That helps a lot, but my cruise documents say to go to.....

Port of Piraeus

10 Akti Miaouli Piraeus 185 38. Greece

I hope that is Terminal B

When I put that address into Goggle Maps, it comes up as Terminal A.

I guess I will just look for the big Whale Tail when we get close.:D

Cruise%20terminal_zps9zwmvfc8.png

Edited by HawkIVette

It would cost more, but you could get a mini bus that seats up to 8 for about 70 euro (Maybe you could find 2 or 3 more on your roll call that might help split the cost). Its only the two of us, so I am going to pay the taxi fare from the airport to our hotel, and again from the hotel to the port. I just don't want to risk mass transit.

This link my help you get a better idea of cost. http://www.athens-taxicity.com/category/price-list.htm

We are going to give it a try (mass transit), that is. We are a daring bunch. And I figure we will check out of our hotel around noon anyway, and will still have quite a bit of time till we have to board. We look at it as and adventure, kind of like a free excursion. We are only carrying one carry on each and shouldn't be to bad.

Thanks for the idea though. May have to resort to a taxi if we get lost anyway. My wife once got lost in Paris and finally got a cab to go 3 blocks to her hotel. She didn't know it was right around the corner from where she was at.

Edited by HawkIVette

We are going to give it a try (mass transit), that is. We are a daring bunch. And I figure we will check out of our hotel around noon anyway, and will still have quite a bit of time till we have to board. We look at it as and adventure, kind of like a free excursion. We are only carrying one carry on each and shouldn't be to bad.

Thanks for the idea though. May have to resort to a taxi if we get lost anyway. My wife once got lost in Paris and finally got a cab to go 3 blocks to her hotel. She didn't know it was right around the corner from where she was at.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do fine. I can blunder my way through Spanish, French, Italian, and even a little German, but when it comes to Greek.....Well It's All Greek to Me! :)

It is easier if you only have a carry on each (How on Earth did you manage that?) I need a small suitcase just for DH's shoes, he wears a size 16.

Edited by Rosethorn40

It is easier if you only have a carry on each (How on Earth did you manage that?) I need a small suitcase just for DH's shoes, he wears a size 16.

We pack for about 4 days each. All of us are Platinum, so the free laundry is the best perk we have, and we use it. Mix and match tops and bottoms, almost makes a different look each day.:D