Looking for Info re: flights NY to Hawaii

DayDreamer2

I'm traveling on th PoAM Dec. 3rd and was wondering when NCL sends the documents (only 5 weeks away) and if you booked the air through NCL what time did you land in Hawaii? I'm staying two days prior to the cruise at the Marriot. I was curious as to what time people are getting into Hawaii who have a precruise stay. What time did you have to leave NY?

In addition what time did your flight leave Hawaii after the cruise. We are wondering if we can do some sightseeing after the cruise before we catch our flight.

Thanks

I have never flown from NY to Hawaii, but most flights into Hawaii arrive mid day. You generally fly out early in the morning and with the time change you arrive early afternoon in Honolulu. We had a connector to Chicago and then the Chicago flight left at 9:00 a.m.. We arrived in Honolulu about 2:00 p.m. Hawaii time (about 5 hours different) Lots of jet lag that first day, you want to go to bed early, but force yourself to stay up until bedtime on Hawaiian time to get acclimated to the time difference.

On the return trip, most flights out of Honolulu are evening flights. Our two flights out have left at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. They are then red eyes to the mainland. You should have time for some sightseeing after your cruise. I suggest that you book a shore excursion on disembarkation day through NCL. Then you get off early and your luggage goes with you. The tour bus then drops you and your luggage off at the airport.

DayDreamer2, we're leaving from Newark next month. United flight departs at 6am, transits in lax and arrive in Honolulu at 4:18pm. On the return, it is a 1:45pm flight, transit in SFO and back to EWR at 6:30ish am. We do not have any pre or post cruise stays. Hope this helps.

Archived