NCL stock down on mixed earnings results.

ColinIllinois

Because (for the millionth time) daily moves on Wall St are not indicative of the larger picture. You can spin it any way you like, as you tend to do but it is unnecessary and only the obsessive posters who argue ad nauseum on this forum care.

Believe it or not people come here who enjoy cruising and want to enjoy this forum. Get your point across if you have criticism. That's cool. But, no need to constantly beat dead horses.

well, i want the stock to keep dropping b4 i buy on sept 30.

my cruise is oct 29, and i need 30days lead time to get the $100 shareholder obc

I might consider buying if it drops below $30 and Del Rio is fired. But CCL might attempt a takeover or merger if it falls too low. (Another one of my predictions from a year ago.)

I also believe that if Kevin was offered his job back he would flip them the bird.

What is hard to believe, even on the NCL CC forum, is that people are posting complaints about stock updates on the stock thread. SMH.

I might consider buying if it drops below $30 and Del Rio is fired. But CCL might attempt a takeover or merger if it falls too low. (Another one of my predictions from a year ago.)

I also believe that if Kevin was offered his job back he would flip them the bird.

What is hard to believe, even on the NCL CC forum, is that people are posting complaints about stock updates on the stock thread. SMH.

Show me a thread on this forum where people aren't complaining. They could be giving away free OBC and people would be complaining that its not enough.

I was just checking prices for September and October, and I haven't seen prices so low for the Getaway and the Escape for September and October.

All to say, I think the numbers for the next quarter is going to get even uglier as it looks like NCL is going back to the strategy of heavy discounting for unsold cabins.

All those low prices are for guaranteed cabins. So no promos. Assigned cabins are running for $200-$800 more. I have always booked guarantees because I like the savings and the surprise.

Here is how I see it. NCL deemed last minute discounts over. That led to sailings with many empty cabins. Now they are trying to fill those cabins with attractive pricing and earning it back in on-board spending since the cheap prices come with zero perks. It is one step backwards and I imagine the backtracking will continue. Right now I can sail on Anthem with a purchased drink package for the same as an away or better. NCL will have to do way better on pricing to get me back.

I believe the exact opposite of you. If they go back to seriously discounting last minute cabins (with promos), things will get better, not worse. If a cabin sits empty for a sail, there is no revenue earned from on-board spending. If they fill it at their cost, there is at least some revenue to be made.