Boarding in Galveston

MaiTaiMary

We were counting on having FTTF for our upcoming cruise out of Galveston, but it's not looking good. Nothing has opened up yet.

We haven't cruised with the scheduled check in times before. How does that work? How do we know what time we're supposed to be there?

Thanks.

We were counting on having FTTF for our upcoming cruise out of Galveston, but it's not looking good. Nothing has opened up yet.

We haven't cruised with the scheduled check in times before. How does that work? How do we know what time we're supposed to be there?

Thanks.

You will select your check in time when it becomes available to do so in your cruise manager. You should be able to do it now.

If you do not select one then Carnival will assign one and notify you.

Don't go before your scheduled check in time because they won't let you in the terminal.

If you do luck out and get FTTF you still have to select a check in time even if you have it. You can just go when you want. It is their attempt to control a bit of the mass chaos that ensues when everyone wants to be first!

Edited by Bookbug53

When you make your final payment and do the online check-in a drop-down menu for selecting a check-in time will appear. Pick one of those the coincides with the best guess arrival at the terminal.

You and your family can check-in any time from that time slot and beyond. The time you check-in allows you to do just that, and that's get checked in, credit card verified, boarding cards, etc.

Once you do that you will be assigned a boarding group. If you don't have priority boarding then find a comfortable seat and when your group is called make your way to the smaller cue at the far end of the terminal. That line moves very quickly; as they want to get you up the gangway and aboard the ship.

If you arrive before check-in time you will need to wait outside for your time slot. The area is covered, but it is outside.

The process is getting better, we've cruised with friends that aren't platinum and they aren't far behind us for boarding.

Our best advice is to go to galveston.com and look at the webcams early in the morning on the day of your cruise. If the ships are in port early then the boarding process has a lesser chance of being delayed. The Triumph was a little notorious for being 30 min late arriving back and departing, but the Liberty has been on time for most voyages. We ride bikes along the pier area and see them leave.

Edited by BallFour4

My daughter and fiancé are going on the breeze in November on their honeymoon. We have always cruised Royal Caribbean so this is a first on Carnival. I was able to select boarding time before I made the final payment for their cruise. I selected the earliest time because I wasn't sure how early they would be arriving from their hotel to port. The s way, no matter what time they arrive, they can go ahead and check in. If I selected say 11:30 and they got there early, carnival will make them wait. As far as FTTF, it has been sold out awhile...I check 2-3 times a day. The only benefit for them would be that their room would be ready as soon as they board and their luggage would arrive sooner...they have 3 excursions all at 8:30 am so getting off the ship sooner isn't an advantage. I'm not sure what time they usually allow people to go to their cabins...in RCCL 1:00 is usually the rule.

Sent from my iPad using Forums