What Time Can I Board

We usually get to the pier about 11AM and have been allowed to board that early. Usually it has been between 11 and 11:30 that we were allowed to board. And we have been anywhere from Inside Guarantee to Owner's Suite. Cabin type made no difference. Actually on one cruise, they had a problem with the priority boarding desk and the non-priority boarding lines moved more quickly.

Sailed on the Navigator out of Miami earlier this year. Got to the pier at 11.30 based on info from these boards. People were still comming of the ship. Did not get on until 1.30. So it really is hit and miss from cruise to cruise. I will be sailing Navigator again in December and plan to reach the pier at 12.30 this time so hopefully we will spend less time in lines.

I would say to try to get there around 12:30. That way if the previous passengers are already off, you can get on. Even if they are not, you can sit/stand in line and be one of the first to get on when the ship does clear.

We went on the Navigator in July and arrived around 12:00 and the ship was not ready for us as the previous cruisers were delayed because of Hurricane Emily. We were the first in line to get on the ship even though it was 1:30!

We elected to tak e a later flight, so we will most likely get there...1:30 to 1:45 ish. I should have booked the earlier flight...darn! Oh well. Ship sails at 5 and as long as we are on at 3pm, we're golden.

We'll swing by the Windjammer, grab lunch, and head out to have fun on the ship...get the kids signed up in the kids program...check out the gift shops...and drink...of course!

Beth

I've done that before, entered by 11:30-12:00. However, I've notice that when we do that, we miss the welcome by the Captain, etc. and the band. I think that they were also handing out free gifts but we never checked. Has this happened to anyone else?

Welcome by the captain?

Band?

Free Gifts?

Good One!!!

Last time we boarded, the captain was there, although we were fairly oblivious since we had been traveling all day. There were samples of rum punch - free...had a few of those...wandered toward the deck to the pool - Cool Vibes was playing out there. Attendants everywhere with drinks, both alcoholic an non ready to serve you.

It will be nice to board the same ship and already know our way around.

Beth

p.s. if you can get there early, the time flies once you board. Get there early, and start your vacation that much sooner. From the time we boarded last time is seemed to go really fast - we cast off before we knew it. Don't forget the mandatory life jacket drill. It will hold you up if someone doesn't show. Show up fast and git 'er dun!

Last three cruises we flew down the day before and were at the port by 9:30, 10:00 at the latest. Most we had to wait was an hour. We were always within the first 10 people on the ship. (My goal is to be 1st!)

We figure we're paying for the whole day, might as well enjoy as much as we can.

Our next cruise is back to back. I guess that's cheating a little, but (evil laugh) we'll enjoy every minute!

They weren't able to start boarding for our Feb NOS cruise until about 1:30 or so... problems with customs for disembarking pax. We got there about 11:30 and were fine waiting. We decided waiting in line to get on a ship was a heck of a lot better than any day at work! But there were some people there who were REALLY cranky and others who weren't physically able to stand for that length of time. My advise is to only go early if you are willing and able to wait.

Archived