Livorno port to Lucca?

fraj1

How easy is it to travel by public transport from the cruise terminal in Livorno to Lucca? Do-able comfortably in a 7 hour port stay?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not as easy as it should be....but very doable. The problem is getting to an from the Livorno train station....and most cruise lines do not run a shuttle service. Once at the station (we usually try to get a taxi which is not always easy) you simply take the train to nearby Pisa where you change for the local train that goes right to Lucca. It is about a 7-10 min stroll from the Lucca Station to the walls of the city (you see the walls from the train station).

Hank

How easy is it to travel by public transport from the cruise terminal in Livorno to Lucca? Do-able comfortably in a 7 hour port stay?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Easily doable. We took a public bus from the port to the train station. Sorry I don't remember the exact details but it wasn't complicated. The train to Pisa and connection to Lucca were fast and comfortable. It was a very enjoyable day.

• 3 weeks later...

In the main cruise terminal building you can either buy tickets for the cruise line bus to the station or the bus into town, which I think we're €16 and €5 euros.

There were 5 of us I met up with some fellow cruisers and we were given a price of €25 for a taxi ride to the station one way, so we took that option as it was cheaper and quicker. There is a taxi stand inside the main terminal building.

The taxis were waiting at the station when we returned and they charged the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this last month, and it was just fine time-wise. It does involve a few steps.

1. Free shuttle from the ship to the Livorno city center

2. Bus to train station. Buy bus ticket for 1.20 euro at newstand

3. Train to Lucca. It usually connects in Pisa but sometimes Viareggio. Buy ticket at kiosk.

4. Arrive in Lucca. Do the reverse for the return journey

That was the clearest , simplest answer so far!

Anyone going on the Seabourne - Souvarine ship leaving MC on Oct 6 interested in renting a car ?

We are on the Aug 22nd Soujourn cruise and was looking at Seabourn tours and or private drivers for the various ports. The stop in Sardinia is not the usual cruise ship port (Cagliari). I thought It was a good port for a private tour/driver but they all seen to be out of Cagliari three hours away. Any suggestions for what to do? Has anyone taken the Seabourn tours out or this port?

Thanks and any other private guides int he various ports of this itinerary would be appreciated.