disneygirl10

"Free Dining" or "Free Open Bar" for an adult traveling with a child  

1 member has voted

1. 1. "Free Dining" or "Free Open Bar" for an adult traveling with a child

• Dining
    • Beverage Package

I booked the Pearl this morning and chose my "pick 2"

I selected the "Free Prepaid Service Charge" as well as "Free Open Bar"

The open bar is pretty much a wash for what I would spend anyway, it definitely isn't saving me money.

My question is, Can anyone give me an idea of restaurant pricing?

We will be doing to specialty restaurants for sure- hibachi and the Brazilian steakhouse. Depending on pricing it may be better for me to switch the drink for the "Free Specialty Dining"

Thanks in advance!

We chose the UBP and SDP we got 3 nights. We had booked the Teppanyaki and Moderno before the cruise. I think they have a flat fee. I don't know what ship you are on because the restaurants vary. Be aware that Bayamo is a la carte so we either used that as our 3rd and pay the $15 service charge or pay the a la carte price of $90 for what we ordered that night. It took us a few days to figure out the restaurants. We had also went to Margaritaville for lunch a few days and they asked us if we wanted to use this for the SDP and we chose not to and pay a la carte. Not all specialty restaurants are included on the SDP.

We chose the UBP and SDP we got 3 nights. We had booked the Teppanyaki and Moderno before the cruise. I think they have a flat fee. I don't know what ship you are on because the restaurants vary. Be aware that Bayamo is a la carte so we either used that as our 3rd and pay the $15 service charge or pay the a la carte price of $90 for what we ordered that night. It took us a few days to figure out the restaurants. We had also went to Margaritaville for lunch a few days and they asked us if we wanted to use this for the SDP and we chose not to and pay a la carte. Not all specialty restaurants are included on the SDP.

Ok so I just checked and should have waited before I posted this question. We will be doing Moderno and Teppanyaki for sure, and maybe (hopefully) Cagney's if we have time. Apparently the first 2 do have a set price.

We will be on the Pearl in Alaska, port days are long/late, so I don't know if we will have time to do all 3 restaurants. If so then it would probably be better to choose the dining option.

My 40th ...yuck yuck yuck...birthday is the day we sail. So that night I would like to eat at one of the 3. How far in advance do you have to make reservations? The "freestyle cruising" is attractive to me, and if I load us up with too much then we'll lose that feel.

Edited by disneygirl10

Well this was my whole beef with Freestyle Cruising... I don't always know where I want to eat each night. We would check the MDR menu and decide where we wanted to eat. I will tell you that even though you dont have reservations at the SDR, you can probably still can get in without a reservation as long as you didn't have a big party.

Well this was my whole beef with Freestyle Cruising... I don't always know where I want to eat each night. We would check the MDR menu and decide where we wanted to eat. I will tell you that even though you dont have reservations at the SDR, you can probably still can get in without a reservation as long as you didn't have a big party.

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll switch to the dining package and hope we have time for the 3! There's only 3 nights that we will actually be on board for dinner, so hopefully those don't book full and we'll have flexibility. We're a party of 2 so that should help.

As far as Cagney's is there anything that is restricted on the menu when using the dining promo, are apps included as well?