Dream in the clear, for now....

Stanley

Because of Wilma, NCL is off the hook now for having the one bad engine. The Dream wasn't visiting all of it's ports because it was moving too slow (with the one engine down) to make all the ports in a 7 day cruise. Now, the Dream is only visiting Roatan & Belize because the two other ports they sold with the cruise, Cancun & Cozumel, have been terribly damaged by Wilma. The passangers will be getting a credit of nearly $29/pp which is the cost of the port charges for the two ports we will miss (according to them). Anyone who has not been on this board and has no idea what the Dream and it's passangers have been going through will be understanding because they have seen and heard what Wilma has done to Cancun & Cozumel. Mind you, most of them will probably be disappointed but they will understand better than those passangers who have been following the saga of the broken engine.

You know as well as I do Stanley that the disgrunted cruisers will want half off their cruise for missing two of their four ports of call, nevermind they still received hotel hospitality for seven days. They will also complain why NCL can't find at least another port of call, when there isn't any anchorages or dock space available. They don't seem to get the idea that you can't park three cars in a double garage, or three ships in a two dock port....

But you are correct, for the next few weeks the Dream's engines aren't affecting their cruise as Wilma has done. And from recent Captain's remarks, there is a very good chance that her engine will finally be repaired before Cozumel and Cancun are open for business again.

has anyone looked at Beta - at the least we will have rain in both ports and I won't be suprised if we change again just watching the storm. Fairly close to both ports and projected path is south and west but she keeps moving more north each time I look at the projected tracks so who knows where we will port on this trip. I just want to be on the ship and look at it as an adventure. Love it.

but some don't do what they are supposed to do. Also thinking we may get some rain from Beta - as said OK by me will just go with the flow whatever just hope I can keep my mouth shut to a degree because I know we will have those on board that will complain and I'm just likely to tell them what I think.

Oh well have never seen the brig. LOL

You know as well as I do Stanley that the disgrunted cruisers will want half off their cruise for missing two of their four ports of call, nevermind they still received hotel hospitality for seven days. They will also complain why NCL can't find at least another port of call, when there isn't any anchorages or dock space available. They don't seem to get the idea that you can't park three cars in a double garage, or three ships in a two dock port....

But you are correct, for the next few weeks the Dream's engines aren't affecting their cruise as Wilma has done. And from recent Captain's remarks, there is a very good chance that her engine will finally be repaired before Cozumel and Cancun are open for business again.

you know that: I have clients who want either a full refund or a discount on the cruise. I have other clients who understand and though disappointed they are rolling with the punches. It is a no win situation> I pray Beta turns out to be absolutely nothing. Not only for us in the business: our clients and the cruise companies but for the people who depend on tourism to survive. NMnita

I don't envy you having to deal with customers who aren't happy with the cruising situation at the moment. With all the storms and hurricanes this year I can't help wonder who or what pi33ed Mother Nature off.

Even with all the problems people have been reporting about the Dream, we are really looking forward to sailing her in a couple of weeks. We don't expect any problems with rude crew members. I truly believe they act the way they are treated. I personally could never be in the service business because I can't tolerate rudeness. I don't care what my position in life is, I cannot treat another human being badly or think less of them because of what they do. We have seen numerous people treat the housekeepers and waitstaff (and others) like they were slaves by being demanding or insulting in all sorts of ways.

As far as the food goes.... I do a lot of cooking and I am looking forward to having my meals prepared for me for the week we are on the ship. Some might not be the greatest but nothing will be awful. You just have to order right and, if necessary, ask something to be changed in the way the food will be prepared. If you don't like onions or soemthing else that is part of the entree then ask them to leave them off. This is not insulting to a chef. He wants you to enjoy what he's made. He knows good and well that everyone doesn't like everything he puts in something. Sometimes people order things they've never tried and aren't familiar with and are disappointed. We don't do that unless we are trying something off of someone else's plate as a sample. It's very difficiult to ruin breakfast or lunch. There is always something everyone likes.

Now, having said all that, I will surely give a review when we get back. I will be honest. If what I've been saying is wrong I will let everyone know. I hope those leaving tomorrow have a wonderful and safe cruise. May Mother Nature look down upon you and give you nice weather. Let us kow how it goes.

Stanley,

I've read this thread and I've read your postings on your Roll-Call thread. Why did you start this thread?!? To "inform" people about the Dream's problems?!? To vent because the problems started on June 19th?!? To "warn" newcomers about the Dream?!?

We posted a warning when we returned from our June 20th cruise and apparently you discounted everything we had to say, made your final payment and then wished you were booked on the Sun after the Dream's problems persisted.

Many are now reporting the same problems we reported, and, unfortunately, additional problems.

We come to this forum and continue to post here to share valuable information. We use this board as a resource. I'm sorry that you were not able to learn from our mistake -- maybe others will be more fortunate.

We do wish you the best of luck on your cruise.

Where on earth is this coming from? You're problems had nothing to do with the engine being down. You thought you were discriminated against.

I wanted to change to the Sun's sailing because we didn't want to miss the Roatan port. We've been to Cancun and Cozumel. We weren't getting off in Cancun anyway. Now the ports will be Roatan and Belize and we couldn't be more pleased. If we were still going to miss Roatan and the Sun was going there I may try to change ships again. It would have nothing to do with the Dream's condition. If I wanted to change and couldn't then it would have been just fine. We have more storms to deal with at the moment and who knows, my sailing could be a week's cruise to nowhere. We'll be fine with that too. I'm certainly not going to ask for a refund or threaten legal action against NCL.

I think you took exception to my last posting because you claim you had such bad service, horrible treatment by crew members, and didn't get your salad dressing on the side. Don't get me started. I won't respond to any of your future postings so don't waste your time directing anything to me. We all got your number when you were complaining about your cruise and all your dealings with NCL.

Where on earth is this coming from? You're problems had nothing to do with the engine being down. You thought you were discriminated against.

I wanted to change to the Sun's sailing because we didn't want to miss the Roatan port. We've been to Cancun and Cozumel. We weren't getting off in Cancun anyway. Now the ports will be Roatan and Belize and we couldn't be more pleased. If we were still going to miss Roatan and the Sun was going there I may try to change ships again. It would have nothing to do with the Dream's condition. If I wanted to change and couldn't then it would have been just fine. We have more storms to deal with at the moment and who knows, my sailing could be a week's cruise to nowhere. We'll be fine with that too. I'm certainly not going to ask for a refund or threaten legal action against NCL.

I think you took exception to my last posting because you claim you had such bad service, horrible treatment by crew members, and didn't get your salad dressing on the side. Don't get me started. I won't respond to any of your future postings so don't waste your time directing anything to me. We all got your number when you were complaining about your cruise and all your dealings with NCL.

I can't speak for Dr. Val specifically, but I would think that any of the several people who have reported receiveing bad service or rude treatment from some of the crew on the Dawn recently, might be a little miffed by a post that implies that anyone who received bad service must have been rude to staff first.

"We don't expect any problems with rude crew members. I truly believe they act the way they are treated...We have seen numerous people treat the housekeepers and waitstaff (and others) like they were slaves by being demanding or insulting in all sorts of ways."

Most places I go, I receive good service, occasionally I encounter someone who seems to be having a bad day or just isn't at all suited to working in the service industry, and I receive bad service. Generally, in those instances my behaviour has not been any less polite or considerate.

I too am eager to read your review when you return from your cruise.

Archived