Anthem of the Seas Review?!

GREAT! I was hoping you would all say that! :)

Okay well here I go! Anthem of the Seas 5 night cruise August 6th-11th

So here's some background. I cruised with my friends family. This was my second Royal Caribbean cruise. Last summer I sailed on Liberty of The Seas and really loved it. We had three rooms. Two interior virtual balcony rooms and one regular balcony room.

When I found out I was going to sail Anthem back in January I immediately started to do research on the ship. Which I think is half the fun of crushing! So, I was reading that the ship was different compared to other Royal ships. At first we were really hesitant and nervous, but the more I researched the more I knew I was going to love it! Change is a good thing!!!! I knew we had to reserve all of our restaurants and actives as soon as we could. So we booked the dining and North Star in March. I highly recommend booking as soon as possibly. It's very easy to do all of this online. We checked weekly for the entertainment and that was not available until like June.

Prior to sailing set up your set sail passes and you can take a picture of yourself and upload it onto the website! One less thing you have to do when you get to Bayonne. Check in was extremely smooth! Very different to other ships because you just have to find a worker with an iPad and check in with them which took about 15 minutes all together for the 7 of us. Then you go through security and then you sit in the boarding area and by group you're allowed on the ship. Overall took about an hour!!

Now for the ship [emoji7]

The ship is absolutely STUNNING. Everyone you look it's just mind blowing. The ship is very large, but very easy to navigate. The royal esplanade is a scaled down royal promenade, but I really did love it just as much. There were almost 5,000 people on this ship and only once did I feel it. When we were all on deck passing the Verrazano bridge. After that the ship never felt crowded because there was always so many places to go depending on what you were in the mood to do!

270 Lounge was unreal I couldn't get over how beautiful the venue was. The show Spectras cabaret is held in here! Felt like the living room of the ship!

The Solarium was my absolute favorite spot on the entire ship! This is the adult only indoor lounging pool and hot tub area! There was always a lounge chair available and never saw any children in there so it really was the oasis spot on the ship.

Ok I'm getting sleepy haha and sad wishing I was still on the ship! Tomorrow I'll post about the dining, staff, staterooms and entertainment!

Feel free to ask any questions!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello All! Hope you're enjoying thus far! I'll pick up where I left off!!

I feel like I'm responsible to write this review because of all of negative reviews. All week we tried so hard to figure out why people were consistently complaining about the ship and we literally could not figure it out!!! Everywhere we went everything was perfect! The ship is absolutely spotless and beautiful. Best service we've received on and off a ship.

Ugh I just miss Anthem so much!

I found that the bars and lounges were much larger compared to Liberty of the Seas. They really did accommodate for the larger amount of passengers. Music Hall was a phenomenal venue. It is two floors. On the first floor there's a large dance floor and a bar and upstairs is very large. Theres an additional bar and seating upstairs, as well three pool tables! There was always an event going on in there. We really enjoyed the Disco dance party! There was great music and a lot of people dancing. We LOVED the a cappella group Mosaic! They were very interactive with the audience and put on a great show! After the shows usually around 1030/11 the DJ would come on for a nightclub (ish) feel. The DJ always played great music!

Boleros always had great live music ! Didn't spent a lot of time in there, but when we did we enjoyed it. We really spent a lot of time in the Schooner bar because of the live pianist after dinner time! It was always enjoyable to grab a drink and listen to the pianist play!

At first, we thought the Bionic Bar was going to be a gimmick, but it was actually very entertaining and mind blowing! (Sometimes the IPad where you order your drinks would have to be restarted) I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea and it was so cool to watch and actually tasted really good. Ugh take me back lol

Ready for dining!?

Food was always the biggest complaint I've read reviews on. I understand that this part is very subjective, but we absolutely loved dynamic dining. Yes, we did miss the large royal and stunning dining room, but it was so exciting to get a change of scenery each night and variety of food. Again, I highly highly recommend making your reservation as early as possible. We did this and we never came across any issues at all. The first night on the ship we went to Silk! This was the slowest of the restaurants, but who cares we were on vacation and were enjoying the atmosphere! I loved the decor of the restaurant. I thought it was very authentic. Even though the service was a little bit slow, it was still exceptional service. They were all so helpful and nice! That's all that mattered to us. The food was delicious! I got the potstickers and steak! The dipping sauce for the potstickers were my favorite!! I've never ate so much cheesecake in my entire life. BEST CHEESECAKE no matter where you were! I ate some form of cheesecake at each restaurant each night lol.

The second night we ate at American Icon! I found this restaurant to be flawless. I loved how open and airy it was! We showed up 5 minutes before our reservation and they sat us right away. We sat at a large table near the window during the sunset. Our service was perfect here. They have two menus with a lot of variety! I asked for beef tar tar for my appetizer not really knowing what is was. It was not what I was expecting at all and the waiter graciously brought me a new appetizer! My friends dad got the beef tar tar and he did say it was amazing. I ate the bbq chicken wings and they were out of this world. For my entree I decided to switch it up away from steak because that's my favorite. I got the shrimp scampi and it was so flavorful! It was a great choice. This is where I had my FAVORITE cheesecake of the week lol. It was red velvet cheesecake. It was a layer of red velvet cake on top then a layer of cheesecake with raspberry drizzle!! Again, the staff went above and beyond. We went to American Icon twice!

Ok so my stop on the train is next! Let me know what you think and if you have any questions please ask! I'm really enjoying this!

I still have to talk about, the pools, the outdoor areas, the North Star, windjammer, the grande, and the staterooms!!!! Also I took 200 pictures so I'll be sure to uploads those too!!!!!

Hello Cruisers!

Would you all prefer a detailed review of Anthem? Or a brief one? I can talk about Anthem for days lol new favorite ship!

Really ... you need to ask ... have you not been reading stuff here LOL. Hahahahaha....

WE WANT DETAILS ...!!! And feel free to throw in TONS of pictures.