RCCL's shore excursion website

Am I just delusional with conspiracy theories, or is anybody else finding it unsettling that RCCL's shore ex website has been down for going on 3 days now?? The message says the site is "down for scheduled maintenance."

Do you think it's because they are revising the shore excursions offered due to the hurricane? Or is it possibly because they want to discourage people from cancelling their excursions?

If I booked my shore ex thru RCCL's website and now I want to cancel it, can I have my TA do it over the phone?

But didn't realize it was going on for 3 days. Perhaps related to technical difficulties in maintenance of the site itself from Wilma? Just speculating. Hadn't applied conspiracy theory to this situation. So while others are looking for a second cruise director on a grassy knoll, I'll just check back in a few days, or better yet go to independent tour booking sites recommended by CC loyal posters. But I will concede that seeing the site down at a time when some might be trying to log on and cancel does go along with the "follow the money" theory. Especially with controversy in the ol' port of New Orleans, where oh where is the late (Judge) Jim Garrison when you need him.;)

I always have a difficult time with the shore excursion page. Every time I try to print it out I get that message. I think I have been able to actually download the page, but still not print it, once in the past 4 months.

Wow... I was confused before, but now I'm just bewildered. RCCL's shore ex website came back online shortly after I posted this. I was eventually able to get in, and get to my Cozumel dolphin swim excursion (already paid for). I click on the description, and behold... it has been changed from "Atlantida" to "Chakanaab" :confused: Of course this is puzzling to me since every post I've seen since Wilma hit says that Chakanaab is completely wiped clean. Also, when I booked this excursion for Atlantida originially, it said NOTHING about minimum age requirement (DD is 11 yrs, DS is 10 yrs). Now, when I go into the "edit" function, it says "minimum age of 12 required" next to their names.

A few thoughts about this:

1) whatever person at RCCL that just changed our excursion over to something else without notifying or asking.... did they somehow think it would be OK that two of my children are now not going to be included? I have paid $870 for this excursion. It's a pretty big deal for me, and I've heard nothing from them or my TA about a refund for DD & DS's fees since, obviously, they no longer meet the requirements.

2) I don't understand why they are bothering with this when, clearly, there will not be any excursions going to Chakanaab in the near future. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel on Nov 24th. Are they going to rebuild the facility by then? I kind of doubt it. Why doesn't RCCL just say "look, we're sorry but your shore excursion is cancelled?" Then I could make other plans instead of doing all this "wait and see"

I'm going to have my TA call them and (hopefully) get this all straightened out. Just wanted to vent some frustration and see if anybody has pearls of wisdom to dish out on this one :) And for anybody else who has shore excursions booked through the cruise lines in the next few weeks, better keep an eye on what's going on. This would have been a nasty surprise later on when it was too late to do anything about it.

Archived