Constellation,how family friendly?

ozysanj

hello fellow cruise lovers

we are considering to book a cruise on constellation. The itinerary and the dates fit very well to our plans but, we never cruised with celebrity before so we don't know what to expect..

We have 2 small boys (5-2)

so would like to hear how family friendly the ship and the activities are please?

the kids club and the rules, the kid friendly pool, fun games for kids, early dinner for kids, babysitting and availability of the books/dvds and board games for kids...

We are not into leaving kids in the kids club and doing our own thing, we love doing all above activities with the kids..

Would you say we would like this ship or not?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

If you go to the Cruise Forum:Celebrity Cruises, there is a review by Apexgal titiled, "Connie Review:11 nite E. Med with 2 kids" that is excellent. The last post was dated August 31,2016, 07:10pm. It might give you some of the answers that you are searching for.

My kids were slightly older than yours when we sailed on the Constellation (7 & 3) for 12 night ps and we used the kids club extensively. The kids loved it even though this wasn't a very kid-filled cruise (10 under 16years old).

They kids club staff had all kinds of activities for them. I can't remember all of them,but there was a pirate day and maybe circus (painted faces of animals).

We did not have any trouble finding foods that both the kids (one picky, one eats escargot) enjoyed both at MDR and the buffet.

I can't comment on the pools as we were on a Norway cruise and the weather didn't really allow for pool time outside.

Here are two photos of my kids with some of the kids club staff and the CD at the Kiss the fish ceremony as we crossed the arctic circle.

30560ad24e03c1c5d2e4e045fe36bac2.jpg

6189db81f60154a370bf9a8ca4005687.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out my review that another poster linked to. We had an amazing trip and I'll sail with them again in a heartbeat. And my kids mainly use the kids club at night (at their request - the younger one also goes in the afternoon if something sounds exciting). But Honestly - if it's a port intensive trip - maybe. But I wouldn't do it if you aren't into the kids club and there are a lot of sea days. There is very very little for kids outside of the kids club on this ship.

And for the under 3 set almost nil. There was no toy lending program that I'm aware of. No early dinner for kids - just a kids buffet in the windjammer. Once a day they had a "family activity" that the whole family could participate in. Other activities were few and far between. Pools are tiny.

There are burgers, hot dogs and you could put together a pb&j but there's not a chicken tender in sight.

My youngests first cruise was at 3 on RCL. They are probably a better bet. Mini golf and shuffleboard were hits at that age on RCL and the live shows had him captivated.

Happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Check out my review that another poster linked to. We had an amazing trip and I'll sail with them again in a heartbeat. And my kids mainly use the kids club at night (at their request - the younger one also goes in the afternoon if something sounds exciting). But Honestly - if it's a port intensive trip - maybe. But I wouldn't do it if you aren't into the kids club and there are a lot of sea days. There is very very little for kids outside of the kids club on this ship.

And for the under 3 set almost nil. There was no toy lending program that I'm aware of. No early dinner for kids - just a kids buffet in the windjammer. Once a day they had a "family activity" that the whole family could participate in. Other activities were few and far between. Pools are tiny.

There are burgers, hot dogs and you could put together a pb&j but there's not a chicken tender in sight.

My youngests first cruise was at 3 on RCL. They are probably a better bet. Mini golf and shuffleboard were hits at that age on RCL and the live shows had him captivated.

Happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with this, but would add Disney to your list of alternates. They are top notch with family friendly activities.

If you don't want to send your kiddos to the Kids Club, I would consider another line. The shows are definitely more adult oriented and there were zero activities aimed at families on our Connie cruise last Spring Break. That said, it was a girls trip and DD (who was 10) had a blast. She never went to the kids club, we spent most of our time on board by the pool, and we went to a couple shows with her. She's a pretty picky eater, but loves steak so that being on the menu every night helped a lot. The MDR staff were great with her. After having sailed on Disney with her, we still would do Celebrity again, but Disney was hands down a more family friendly experience.

We were on the Constellation back in April and whilst we didn't have kids with us we were conscious of the few youngsters that were onboard. From what we could could gather the kids wanted to spend their time at the kids club. On one occasion as soon as a family came back on board the kids said bye mum we are off to kids club so obviously they enjoy it. Several times we saw the kids around the ship and in the buffet and they were chaperoned one on one at least by a crew member from Kids club. I got the feeling that they were very safe and well looked after. At no time did I see any grumpy youngsters who didn't want to be with their minders. The young men and women who look after the kids must have extreme patience. It is unlikely that I will ever travel with kids on a cruise line by from my limited experience X do a great job looking after them