Help!

Sonchyne4U

Need advice quick. We are leaving tomorrow on Sapphire. We were in an aft balcony E732. I just got an email that we had been upgraded to a mini-suite D615. I really think I would prefer my aft balcony. I emailed my TA and got an email back that she would be out of town and unable to check her emails until Sunday. Should I just be happy with the upgrade or what?

I just checked the cruise personalizer and it has already been done. Will they do anything if I call them? I've tried calling cruise lines directly before and they won't talk to me. I am sure that my TA thought I would want that upgrade since it is to a mini-suite, but we were really looking forward to the fully covered aft deck. Should I just be happy with the "upgrade".

I am an aft cabin fan myself, but if I were offered your upgrade I would take the mini suite for the simple reason that you are getting an upgrade without any additional cost. Get the aft cabin next time! The extra cabin space would be a bonus IMHO and the location looks pretty darn good too!

I wish you luck!:)

Some of the aft balconies on CB (don't know about Sapphire, but isn't she a sister to Caribbean?) are a little smaller than the regular balcony cabins due to the hall way that goes from port to starboard. Ours was one of several that were about 3 feet X width of cabin smaller to accomodate the hall, they are the middle aft balcony cabins.

And on the brighter side, the mini has a very nice tub and upgraded linens and a sitting area, so you won't have to sit on your bed when in your cabin.

Thanks for all your encouragement and help. I heard from our TA and she said she had emailed Princess to try to get the original cabin back, but that the ship was sold out and it probably wouldn't happen. I am sure we are going to enjoy the suite. As you said, we won't have to sit on the bed. We are with a group, so maybe we'll have a party in there. It's not going to mess up my trip. Thanks everybody.

Teresa

I just checked the cruise personalizer and they have changed our cabin back to the aft E732. I know I am giving up a little extra cabin room, but I really like the covered balcony instead of the completely open one. I just really like the aft cabins too. They are a little more private. Thanks everybody for your help. My TA is wonderful. She jumped on this right away. Now I have got to go finish packing. We've got a really early morning tomorrow. We have to fly from one side of the United States to the other. That's the only part I don't enjoy. Thanks again

Teresa

Archived