Port Canaveral Stay/Park/Cruise

TNShadyLady

Sorry if this has been done to death, but I didn't see my particular question in the threads.

Leaving on Carnival Valor Sept. 30. Driving down to arrive Sept. 29. Booked a room through goportcanaveral.com at DoubleTree Oceanfront Cocoa Beach, which should give the 3 of us one room for the night, plus onsite parking while we cruise, plus shuttle dropoff and pickup to the port. About $225 total. No breakfast or other amenities.

Hilton Oceanfront Cocoa Beach is just down the road and offers same deal for about $50 less. I'm wondering if there is any difference between the two. For instance, if one has covered, secured, monitored cruise parking included in the cost and the other does not, that would make a difference. DoubleTree is right on the beach. Not sure about Hilton (but it does say Oceanfront).

There's still time to change our reservation, so does anybody know about these locations, or know of a better one at a similar rate? TIA.

Check the rates for Homewood Suites, Residence Inn and Country Inn & Suites. These are the three closest to the port and all offer the park/cruise package and free breakfast for less than the rate you have now.

We have also stayed at the Radisson At The Port which is a block away from these three....love the pool there. They do not offer breakfast but have a restaurant onsite, a family restaurant next door and a McDonalds across the street.

None has covered parking.....but we have not had a problem with any of these locations and we have cruised out of PC many, many times.

Have a great cruise!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Thanks. Our main concern is leaving the car unattended for so long. Free breakfast, pool, none of that stuff really matters. We just need a safe and secure place to sleep one night and feel comfortable leaving the vehicle while we cruise. Was hoping for some secured, patrolled parking, but I guess you only get that with the cruise parking lots.

Now that I think about it......I don't think Homewood Suites offers the park package but I believe they will give you a 40% discount voucher to park at the port......which would be the secured area you are looking for.

Also "Google".....Cape Canaveral 40% discount parking..... and it should give you a link of all of the hotels in the area who offer the 40% off voucher to park at the port.

Have a great cruise!

After doing a little math, using the 40% off coupon on cruise parking and only paying for one night at hotel, there's not that much difference. So we'll probably just stick with our original plans.

Only possible snag I see is the free shuttle taking us to the port is Travelynx and reviews on them are mixed. Also, hotel checkout is 11am and shuttle doesn't come around until 12:15 - 12:30. ONE trip. That doesn't seem quite right to me. Surely there will be more cruisers staying at this hotel than just us?? And what do we do in the meantime while we're waiting... hang out in the lobby? Hate to spend more for a taxi to the port when the shuttle is already paid for (included in room rate) but that sounds kind of screwed up to me.

I would not like that shuttle time either! We are used to 10:15-10:30 shuttles from where we stay.

You can always see what a cab would cost to take you to the port that morning and then just shuttle back after your cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!