Celebrity Sillhouette, Apr. 23rd Crossing

howndder

• 1 month later...

Welcome Greg and Emanuel, it will be a lovely crossing. Any question you need answered about our starting point of Fort Lauderdale, ask away. I've also been to this area many times, with the exception of "Brugges". A bucket list item. Plus this will be first cruise with boyfriend (maybe more by then).

Howard & Michael in dark but lovely Ft. Laudedale

Thank you so much Howard and Michael. Always nice to have another "gay" couple on board. We typically meet several. One year we traveled with our boss and his partner at the time. Everyone is always friendly and we have a great time. We have cruised out of Miami for most cruises but typically stay at the W in Fort Lauderdale. I forget where we stayed last year. We are familiar with Ft Lauderdale. We typically fly in a day ahead and get some time at the beach along with a quick stop at the drug store before we go to Miami. It will be nice to not have to rush to Miami the day of the cruise. As for the ports, we have both been to Paris but not together and not for only a day visit. I have been to Lisbon years ago and we have both flown into Amsterdam but never stayed. We are planning on a few days in Amsterdam and would love any advice we can get. Hotel suggestions and a things to see are very welcomed suggestions. We actually choose this trip for two reasons. #1. We have done the trip to Rome 3 times and thought we should do something different. Amsterdam is different. #2. The sea days. Those tend to be my favorite. We work so hard and are always tied to our phones. To have no contact for that many days is relaxing and we grow closer because of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, Mark & Ken here.

We booked this voyage back in December,

it will be our first transatlantic.

Looking forward to the all those sea days to relax, we have never had more than 2 days in a row at sea.

Plan on spending 3 days in Amsterdam, one of them will be my birthday.

I'll head over to the other roll call and sign up for the connections party.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted this on the main roll call, wanted to add it here:

Since Deb25 had success booking and filling a van with Martins Taxi to the center of Bruges, I thought I'd give it a try.

I sent an email to them to see if they still have transportation available.

If they respond yes, is anyone else interested in sharing the van?

From their site:"From Zeebruges cruise terminal to the center of Bruges and back cost € 100 per vehicle (up to 8 people maximum for the same price).

We bring you to the center ( Market Square). You can decide when you want to go back to the cruise ship by making an appointment with your driver."

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
I just posted this on the main roll call, wanted to add it here:

Since Deb25 had success booking and filling a van with Martins Taxi to the center of Bruges, I thought I'd give it a try.

I sent an email to them to see if they still have transportation available.

If they respond yes, is anyone else interested in sharing the van?

From their site:"From Zeebruges cruise terminal to the center of Bruges and back cost € 100 per vehicle (up to 8 people maximum for the same price).

We bring you to the center ( Market Square). You can decide when you want to go back to the cruise ship by making an appointment with your driver."

Mark

Hi Mark just seeing this. The roll call for the cruise is rather boring in comparison to others that I have taken. LOL We are interested in this van if it isn't full.

Emanuel and I have taken 3 transatlantics and this will be our fourth. This time on a different ship with a different itinerary. We have done the Reflection Miami to Rome three times. Thought it might be time for a change. LOL since this is your first Transatlantic, please let us know what your questions are.

We are also staying in Amsterdam. I currently have three or four hotels booked and need to make a decision. Have you all decided on a place to stay and plans for Amsterdam?

Hi Mark just seeing this. The roll call for the cruise is rather boring in comparison to others that I have taken. LOL We are interested in this van if it isn't full.

Emanuel and I have taken 3 transatlantics and this will be our fourth. This time on a different ship with a different itinerary. We have done the Reflection Miami to Rome three times. Thought it might be time for a change. LOL since this is your first Transatlantic, please let us know what your questions are.

We are also staying in Amsterdam. I currently have three or four hotels booked and need to make a decision. Have you all decided on a place to stay and plans for Amsterdam?

Hi Greg and Emanuel,

The van was filled from the main roll call. I'll let you know if anyone backs out.

In Amsterdam, I made a reservation at Banks Mansion. It gets a lot of good comments on TripAdvisor. Where were you looking at?

We have never been to Amsterdam. Hopefully the tulips will still be in bloom when we are there. Only sight I know so far I want to go to is the Anne Frank House. I understand that admission for that needs to be booked ahead online.

Have not decided on anything else yet to see.

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving!

Mark

Hi Mark, you're going to love Amsterdam, and for the best tulip watching you'll need to go to Kuikenhoff (sp?) Gardens. They're a bit outside of town but def worth visiting. There's also the flower auction market in town that is also worth a visit. I've heard good things about Banks Mansion. FYI, definitely make red as early as possible for Anne Frank's tour.

Howard in NYC for the thanksgiving holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Due to the fact that my travel agent is not playing fair with the pricing of this trip. I have had to cancel with them and when the dust settles and I have received my refund from them, I will try to rebook this trip. I may not be able to, but then I'll be on another crossing. I have friends on this trip though and will want to be on board.

Howard in Beautiful Ft. Lauderdale

Hello all,

Due to the fact that my travel agent is not playing fair with the pricing of this trip. I have had to cancel with them and when the dust settles and I have received my refund from them, I will try to rebook this trip. I may not be able to, but then I'll be on another crossing. I have friends on this trip though and will want to be on board.

Howard in Beautiful Ft. Lauderdale

Hi Howard, sorry to hear about your issues with the agent,

I hope you are able to rebook this voyage.

Let us know,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I just recently booked this cruise with a friend and got a fantastic deal! We are from South Florida. This will be my 26th cruise, my 5th with Celebrity and 5th TA. I am looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Happy Holidays,

Frank