Communication to higher management

Ron the Rev

Bravo! So happy to hear that you were able to get this resolved. I had no doubt that Princess would come through. Carnival already litigated accessibility issues resulting in the Settlement so I think it is a given that they have no interest in going down that route again. I really don't understand some of the cynical statements that were posted here suggesting that Princess would shortchange UK cruisers or that you should change cruise lines and sue. Typical chat board overreaction.

Problem is that quite often non-handicapped individuals purchase a HC cabin. What is to stop someone from purchasing a HC mini and demanding that they be given Club Class Access? Question... Are there any HC Full Suites? I do not recall seeing any.. If not, can a person in a HC mini demand full suite perks? :confused::confused:

It's not as easy as you think. I recently booked a HC cabin for my 92 year old dad. I thought simply telling them that he was 92 and used a walker would suffice. My TA came back online and told me Princess said he did not qualify. I asked and was connected to the Princess rep. She was nice but explained he did not qualify unless he had a disability. I explained that he has had both knees replaced as well as his hip. They all needed replacement again but doctors would not, due to risks of anesthesia at his age. He has a terrible time entering the cabin as his walker will not fit, and holding the door open while trying to bring in his walker was nearly impossible. In addition he needed the extra hand rails in the shower. The rep immediately cut me off, and agreed, and apologized, but said they had to make sure that HC cabins were given to people who needed them. I told her I fully understood. Also Princess reserves the right to remove you from a HC cabin onboard if they determine you do not qualify.