12 day med aug 6th report

steven3367

just got back good points and bad points

good points

matt the cruise director been on loads of cruises and he is by far the best one i have ever had everything he was involved in was great

guys burgers pizza and burrito bar

waterpark

skyride

comedy clubs

cabin i was inside was basic but bed was great usb points fantastic shame not next to bed shower great

ports of call fantastic

bad points

ran out of diet coke and rose wine, strongbowcider and pina colada English bacon and most breakfast cereals not good if you had bought a drinks package like me

bubbles package dosnt inc water or coffee

bar service round the pool the main pool bloke trying to sell the fish cups and funnel cups for 30 dollars apart from him not to be seen think i seen one 4 times in a 12 day cruise loads cleaning etc but not bar service

having to get up 6am on sea day to get sun bed first day i made mistake and got up at 8 no beds left

they have a sticker system they come along no one on it a sticker goes on 40 mins later they take the stuff away which is fine but basically one of you has to stay behind i couldnt do skyride or water slides as i would have lost my bed due to size of queues

pools way to small for size of ship

dinner

having to go deck 5 to get table then go to restaurant to get feed on my time dinning. Most waiters where terrible long delays between courses

imax

brilliant still find it funny u have to pay for popcorn but its free on deck for dive in movies watched suicide squad and finding dory for a brilliant addition to the ship finding out you had only couple of movies to watch on a 12 day cruise terrible the also had ice age and couple of i max documentaries think around 5 movies in all cost around 12 dollars each which i thought was good price for 3d imax

shuttle buses

example one Marseilles carnval cost 17 dollars each or walk 200 meters and get a free one got taxi back 5 of us in it 25 euro so 5 euro each

Croatia 13 euro a car to old city or carnival price 20 dollars each we got the bus couple euro each

sardinia free bus to port then all day bus ticket 5 euro each dunno what carnival where charging

all the specialty restaurants seemed empty the sushi bar loads of staff eating there but not alot of public the seafood shack didnt see anyone there at all

I'm onboard at the moment and I'd broadly agree with your comments. Overall a nice ship, although feels/looks more functional than luxury in places. Pool and deck area just ridiculously busy on sea day, to the point I was struggling to be able to keep an eye on the kids playing in the pool and water works. There was no chance of a sun lounger.

Your time dining doesn't work on this ship. People queueing and sitting in stairwells to wait for a table. Service is very slow in restaurant and buffet is not great quality. I'm not bothered about formal wear or dressing up for dinner, but even I think crop tops and gym shorts are not appropriate attire for the dining room - but it seems acceptable on this ship. NCL seems formal compared to Carnival.

On plus side, the Havana area is great at night and the cabin is spacious. The deck sports and activities for kids are also good. The lanai on Deck 5 is a nice quiet spot.

Having fun and kids enjoying themselves but Carnival is not for me.

On board now staying in Havana Cabana rooms. There are loads of sun beds and most of the time no-one in the pool. The rooms and lanai are lovely. Bed really comfortable and plenty of storage.

Arrived at Port on boarding day at 10:30 and onboard an hour later. Room ready at 12:30.

Lots of nice seating areas on deck 5 Promenade, hardly anyone ever there. Most people seem to stay up by deck 10 and 11 which was mad busy on our only sea day.

On a port day everywhere a lot quieter, especially Havana Cabana area. There was only us sat out there from 11am for an hour.

We think the food is great and plenty of choice.

The staff are always cleaning the outside areas, really clean ship.

My husband a bit disappointed as he was hoping for more organised sports for him and our son to play together. They normally like to play soccer together etc.

My 13 year old not impressed with the kids club. We went to the Welcome Meeting and loads of awkward teens stood around. After 30 minutes of nothing happening he decided he didn't want to join. A shame as there were loads of consoles, which he would have enjoyed.

I think the ship is fantastic and the staff are great.

On board now staying in Havana Cabana rooms. There are loads of sun beds and most of the time no-one in the pool. The rooms and lanai are lovely. Bed really comfortable and plenty of storage.

Arrived at Port on boarding day at 10:30 and onboard an hour later. Room ready at 12:30.

Lots of nice seating areas on deck 5 Promenade, hardly anyone ever there. Most people seem to stay up by deck 10 and 11 which was mad busy on our only sea day.

On a port day everywhere a lot quieter, especially Havana Cabana area. There was only us sat out there from 11am for an hour.

We think the food is great and plenty of choice.

The staff are always cleaning the outside areas, really clean ship.

My husband a bit disappointed as he was hoping for more organised sports for him and our son to play together. They normally like to play soccer together etc.

My 13 year old not impressed with the kids club. We went to the Welcome Meeting and loads of awkward teens stood around. After 30 minutes of nothing happening he decided he didn't want to join. A shame as there were loads of consoles, which he would have enjoyed.

I think the ship is fantastic and the staff are great.

I'm jealous of you being Havana area. We booked that but got moved as my children are under 12. They love swimming out there at night and I'd love to spend our days in that little oasis. Finding the my time dining a pain through, it's anything but anytime dining unless you want to eat at 6pm.