Excursion Ideas in December

pullen0

I'm taking a Celebrity cruise and will be in St. Maarten on December 28th from 9:30am to 11:59pm. I'm not seeing much in the way of excursions on Celebrity's site and I've found one through Priceline called St. Maarten Sights, Shopping and Sand that sounds good. It's 4.5 hours and leaves at 10:30 so I should be back to the downtown or cruise terminal area by 3:00pm.

I'm wanting to go to Maho beach to watch a few planes land and take off. Do they come in all afternoon and into the evening or only early afternoon? I'm guessing it would be 3:30 to 4:00 before we can get there.

Celebrity lists and evening excursion called A Taste of Grand Case Nightlife. Is this something I can easily do on my own? Where would this area be if I wanted to take a cab there and back from the pier? They want $139 for this. "Enjoy four delicious hors d’oeuvres and three drinks at one of Grand Case’s high-end restaurants, followed by time to explore Grand Case’s unique nightlife on your own."

Is there much to do during the evening hours in Philipsburg? We had a midnight departure from Nassau and there was nothing to do other than go to bars after 6:00pm. I'll have my wife and 14 year old daughter with me so bar hopping isn't an option.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
I love Grand Case. Lovely beach and great sunsets and lots of restaurants to choose from. Also since it's a ways and more $ from the cruise terminal via taxi you avoid the cruiser crowd. [emoji57]

Do you have a ballpark price for a taxi ride for 3 people from the cruise terminal to Grand Case?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the latest information I have, taxi for three from Cruise Facility to Grand Case should be $30, each way.

The fares are $25 for one or two, $10 per person up to five, and then $9 per person for more. I have seen fare postings for up to a group of 14.

gary

From the latest information I have, taxi for three from Cruise Facility to Grand Case should be $30, each way.

The fares are $25 for one or two, $10 per person up to five, and then $9 per person for more. I have seen fare postings for up to a group of 14.

gary

$30 for 3 is a very good price for that distance. Long beach with many options which is why it's such a good place to me.

I'm taking a Celebrity cruise and will be in St. Maarten on December 28th from 9:30am to 11:59pm. I'm not seeing much in the way of excursions on Celebrity's site and I've found one through Priceline called St. Maarten Sights, Shopping and Sand that sounds good. It's 4.5 hours and leaves at 10:30 so I should be back to the downtown or cruise terminal area by 3:00pm.

I'm wanting to go to Maho beach to watch a few planes land and take off. Do they come in all afternoon and into the evening or only early afternoon? I'm guessing it would be 3:30 to 4:00 before we can get there.

Celebrity lists and evening excursion called A Taste of Grand Case Nightlife. Is this something I can easily do on my own? Where would this area be if I wanted to take a cab there and back from the pier? They want $139 for this. "Enjoy four delicious hors d’oeuvres and three drinks at one of Grand Case’s high-end restaurants, followed by time to explore Grand Case’s unique nightlife on your own."

Is there much to do during the evening hours in Philipsburg? We had a midnight departure from Nassau and there was nothing to do other than go to bars after 6:00pm. I'll have my wife and 14 year old daughter with me so bar hopping isn't an option.

Thanks in advance.

(1) no need for an excursion of any sort - cabs are plentiful and fairly reasonable - take a cab to either pinel (Cul de Sac then short ferry over) or Orient and relax on the beach for a while - then over to Grand Case for an evening on the town - the lolos are terrific -

(2) no way I would go anywhere other than the cruise facility in Philipsburg after dark - that is true for me of anywhere on SXM except for the Maho area, Grand Case or Orient Village...

(1) no need for an excursion of any sort - cabs are plentiful and fairly reasonable - take a cab to either pinel (Cul de Sac then short ferry over) or Orient and relax on the beach for a while - then over to Grand Case for an evening on the town - the lolos are terrific -

(2) no way I would go anywhere other than the cruise facility in Philipsburg after dark - that is true for me of anywhere on SXM except for the Maho area, Grand Case or Orient Village...

Cabs are NOT plentiful at the Cul de Sac where the ferry to Pinel Island is. For this OP with an 11:59 p.m. departure it's not a big issue but for those that depart at 5 or 6 make sure that you have a way back to the pier from the Cul de Sac.