Victory Canaveral Boarding

Jenn1974

This is the first time I am not getting faster to the fun. Others in our party don't want to spend the money for it. I was on the Victory in January out of Miami and they didn't start boarding till noon. Does boarding time just depend on what time the ship clears customs? We are leaving our hotel for the port at 10:30 for our cruise and just wanted to know if anyone has any experience boarding in Canaveral lately?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I usually purchase FTTF but I have had cruises where it wasn't available or sold out. Really the wait to get on the ship wasn't bad, maybe 20-30 min tops. Its the line to talk to customer service on the ship where I think it comes in handy the most!!!

We have only done FTTF one time and it was our first time cruising - Now after having done so many cruises I just don't see any point in doing it - We are going to leave the house around 1230 and then figure by then we should be able to walk onto the boat and should not be much longer before the rooms open p

There are some embarkation days that do not start until a little later because there is some inspection, drill, or other mandated exercise that the crew or parts of the crew have to get done. Most of these times it is under the direction of the Port Authority, the Coast Guard, or some other regulatory agency. This just happens! And then there are times that there are some previous cruise passengers that just do not follow directions and try to stay on the ship as long as possible. Watch for this one and if you see late departing passengers, just start booing them as they walk through the departure area.

This is the first time I am not getting faster to the fun. Others in our party don't want to spend the money for it. I was on the Victory in January out of Miami and they didn't start boarding till noon. Does boarding time just depend on what time the ship clears customs? We are leaving our hotel for the port at 10:30 for our cruise and just wanted to know if anyone has any experience boarding in Canaveral lately?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I was Victory in July

They started embarkation around 11:30 and we were in board by noon. Didn't purchase FTTF

really a waste of money IMO.

Was in my room by 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think of FTTF as part of a different journey. I have done suite boarding, group normal boarding with no lines and group (waiting) boarding where everyone sat for a couple hours due to the ship being late. Every journey is different and that is part of the fun. I paid the extra fifty for DH and I because I wanted our cabin to be ready. He will have just finished a week long conference and I want him to be able to go right to the balcony and relax. Our cabin is on the lido deck so we can drop our luggage, get a drink and be in our cabin while many people are stuck on the lido for a while. (WE SAIL ON 9/15/16)

FTTF was not needed for the group that waited (due to the ship being late). Everyone boarded within a few minutes of each other and the cabins were all ready.

I keep going on vacations/cruise because each trip is a unique adventure. Love it!

Edited by bobbismith