The Progressive quiz.

Can anyone remember any of the questions that were on this outstanding quiz.

I am trying to put together a Wee quiz night in my local club and I thought the variety of questions on this quiz were excellent.

So if anyone has been to one and any questions have stuck in their head can you please post it.

Don't worry about the answers, I can source them thro Google.

Cheers in advance.

How many divots are there on a golf ball?

What is a group of owls called? Or group of crows?

How did the "World Series" of baseball get it's name?

What is the largest inland sea?

What country has the largest coastline?

What is the northern or southern most capital city?

What is the brightest star in the sky?

At any given time approximately how many people are in an airplane?

In terms of money exchange where is the biggest stock exchange in the world?

In terms of elevation, what is the highest capital city?

Where was the first football World Cup held? What year?

How tall in feet is the Eiffel Tower?

What is manchego?

What is the world's largest Spider?

What is the combination of Star Anise, Cloves, Cinnamon, Pepper, and Fennel called?

Where in the world is Spa, the resort town that gave its name to mineral springs everywhere?

Really, if you do a google search for trivia questions, international trivia questions, etc. you will probably find the entertainment crew's source of trivia questions for the progressives.

Dimples on a golf ball; divots are what I make in the fairway! :)

And like many questions they ask, the answers are no longer valid.

Dimples on a golf ball - expected answer is 332. Actuality is that there are many, many different totals.

Largest country in Africa - they expect Sudan, but that country has split into two countries.

Miles between recommended oil changes in a car - they expect 3,000. That is ancient history. The most common recommendation now is probably 7,500 with many variations.

For your quest, many online trivia sites are available.

Yea, the problem with many of the activities staff is that they use the stock questions that many times are out of date. Unfortunately they usually have no idea that that is happening. Would be so much better if they googled their own questions and used correct answers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yea, the problem with many of the activities staff is that they use the stock questions that many times are out of date. Unfortunately they usually have no idea that that is happening. Would be so much better if they googled their own questions and used correct answers.

On one cruise, the question "Which were the first two presidents to appear on U.S. postage stamps?" was asked. We went with Washington and Jefferson. The "answer" given was Washington and Benjamin Franklin! I guess I forgot his presidency.

The annoyance is that players politely suggest checking and updating the correct answer. It doesn't seem that is done.

On one cruise, the question "Which were the first two presidents to appear on U.S. postage stamps?" was asked. We went with Washington and Jefferson. The "answer" given was Washington and Benjamin Franklin! I guess I forgot his presidency.

The annoyance is that players politely suggest checking and updating the correct answer. It doesn't seem that is done.

Annoying but technically correct. Franklin was president of Pennsylvania. He was a president- just not a US president. If they had asked which were the first, two U.S. presidents however.... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah I agree.we had an issue on the Battle of the Sexes quiz where the question was what female is next in line to the British throne.

The correct answer now is the one that was born last year Charlotte,

But the answer given was one of Andrew and Fergie's weans Beatrice who is now 20 odd years old.

Thankfully the staff member accepted the correct answer and gave the men the points.

Right more please.

I've looked on google but still looking for different ideas.

Also ideas for quest type games that do not involve any lack of modesty or sexual innuendo. I'm not a prude but I don't want anyone to be offended.

Another error...

What is the order of swimming strokes in a Medley Relay?

Their answer... Fly, Back, Breast, Free..... WRONG.

BACK, Breast, Fly, Free.

They wouldn't be told despite me explaining that for 15 competitive years I must have had it all wrong.

...In terms of elevation, what is the highest capital city?
Oh no, my LEAST favorite question:mad:

Their answer is probably going to be La Paz. La Paz is the seat of government of Bolivia, but is not and never has been the capital (Sucre is and always has been [albeit the city itself has had name changes]). The correct answer is Quito, but their rule is whatever is on the sheet is correct.

...What is the order of swimming strokes in a Medley Relay?

Their answer... Fly, Back, Breast, Free..... WRONG.

BACK, Breast, Fly, Free...

Not only are you correct there is some logic to the order. Back starts in the water so it HAS to be first, and the other three start with the slowest and end with the fastest.

Right before Oasis was lauched a RCI trivia question was "What is the largest cruise ship?"

Answer: Voyager of the Seas. Not only were Mariner and Navigator slightly larger, but the new Queen Mary was sailing as were the Freedom, Liberty and Indepdence. The person running trivia should have been embarassed, but didn't give a damn.

When we play, we try our best and roll with it.

We do have a certain strategy. If trivia questions are being read from a sheet, we try to put the answer that was correct five or more years ago.

If the questions are being read from a mobile device (some staff on Carnival use that) we will stay current.

This usually works.

When the infamous and sorely missed Darryl did his progressives, he would research his own questions because the Baltimore cruises have so many people doing back to back to back... from fall to spring. We met one cruiser who was on for 72 days. We were envious.

When we play, we try our best and roll with it.

We do have a certain strategy. If trivia questions are being read from a sheet, we try to put the answer that was correct five or more years ago.

If the questions are being read from a mobile device (some staff on Carnival use that) we will stay current.

This usually works.

When the infamous and sorely missed Darryl did his progressives, he would research his own questions because the Baltimore cruises have so many people doing back to back to back... from fall to spring. We met one cruiser who was on for 72 days. We were envious.

I want to research every question to make sure I have the correct answer.

Got told a good one today. What is the official name for an 'Oscars' trophy?

I don't know about the progressive quiz but I've been to trivia onboard where they had the wrong answer & found if you try to tell them the correct answer they just don't want to hear it. On Monarch a few years ago they were sure the moon is the closest star to earth & refused to believe me that isn't correct because that's what their paper said!! [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not the progressive quiz, but once at 80s Music Trivia on Allure, they played a Marvin Gaye song. I was all, that's from the 70s! But it was a "remixed" version that apparently came out sometime in the 80s, which is why they had it on there!?!?

Of course, maybe the cruise quiz writers are the same ones who put together Amazon Prime Music's 90s channel...which includes songs by Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson!