Cabin Service - Once or twice or both?

hawaiibound24

I know this has gotten a lot of discussion, but I wanted to get up to date information. We are platinum and have never been ask to choose morning or night cabin service. We sailed on the Valor in January and Magic November last year. We are scheduled on the Triumph this November and Magic in January. Is this still an issue with people. I have read that the choices will be morning, night or both along with ice and robes. Do we need to ask for these now? Is it harder to get the services we are used to over the last few years now on either the Triumph or Magic?

Assume crash positions!

Sorry for bringing it back up..lol... I just wanted to find updated information. I am sure I will be just fine with whatever I get and will be ok (except my wife loves the robes and we better get at least one or I will hear about it).

Edited by hawaiibound24

I believe this has only been rolled out as a test on some ship at this moment. Triumph appears to be one of the test ships - I do not believe that Magic is.

I'm sure someone will come by to confirm or correct me.

Seems like a long test... I think I read about this months ago.

Sorry for bringing it back up..lol... I just wanted to find updated information. I am sure I will be just fine with whatever I get and will be ok (except my wife loves the robes and we better get at least one or I will hear about it).

Just simply tell them you would like service twice a day. And ask for the robes, I don't think they are automatically in the rooms on some ships. All you have to do is ask! I am sure they will comply. And if not, call guest services.

Just simply tell them you would like service twice a day. And ask for the robes, I don't think they are automatically in the rooms on some ships. All you have to do is ask! I am sure they will comply. And if not, call guest services.

I am sure more will weigh in, but it sounds like there is not yet a standard??

We were on Triumph last month and were asked whether we wanted am or pm service. We chose am because we seriously don't need it twice a day. I think the stewards work pretty hard as is it. We will be on an 8 day on the Dream on the December and we plan to tell our steward not to even service our room on sea days unless we ask him/her to do so.