Seward , Haines , Juneau , Ketchikan

Luvoceans

Seward pre cruise and they stop at Haines, Juneau and Ketchikan on Hal Noordam leaving the 28th so some last minute planning for my parents Wedding Anniversary. What did you do at these stops on your cruise ? Which place should I go on a whale watch tour ? Which place for the Lumberjack show ? Which place for a Dog Sled ? They are not interested in fishing or the $500 excursions. They are on a budget so looking more for $200 and under excursions Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Luvoceans

Ketchikan is where the Lumberjack show is. Juneau is a good place for whale watching.

I think the dog sledding is expensive. (Off the top of my head the one in Juneau includes a helicopter ride to the location...)

Also you won't have time to whale watch & dog sled in Juneau.

I would rent a car in Haines, especially now, for peak bear viewing possibilities. Also, "Murray" has an informative road guide for the Haines Highway. http://www.explorenorth.com/library/roads/haines_highway.html

I rent from AVIS and just walk to the pick up.

for dog sled- it's going to be a land cart option- with Seavey's out of Seward, doing a great tour. I'd also highly recommend a Kenai Fjords boat tour, for excellent glacier and varied wildlife viewing. Are they overnight in Seward? Taking a land tour? Makes a difference.