First time cruiser on the Carnival Dream - spa question?

WomanOnAHill

Hi all!

First time poster and cruise newbie here. We are sailing on the Dream in March 2018, so I am soaking up as much knowledge as I can on CC.

I was looking at the ship map on Ship Mate and saw a couple of rooms marked 'flotation' on Deck 14. I couldn't find clear information on the Carnival site and the last time someone asked this question on CC was in 2011 (unfortunately, no answers on that one).

Does anyone know if these are the sensory deprivation types of flotation where one floats in salt water - or are they the room where they do the Rasul treatments (they called them 'dry flotation beds' on the site).

Many thanks for any guidance you are able to give. I am sure I will be back with loads more questions over the next 575 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

575 days? We have yet to book our January 2017 trip yet. I think your talking about the Thelasso Pool which you kind of float on the water. There are no other flotation devices. You will need to get a Sap cabin or buy the Spa package.

575 days? We have yet to book our January 2017 trip yet. I think your talking about the Thelasso Pool which you kind of float on the water. There are no other flotation devices. You will need to get a Sap cabin or buy the Spa package.

Ha! This trip is largely a gift from my SIL (who is extraordinarily generous with us). We'd made her promise to give us 2017 off from big trips so my husband can build his vacation time back up. I think she wanted to lock us in! :)

I don't think I am thinking of the Thelasso pool, as that is on a different deck, according to the map. I have attached screen shots to clarify:

e68cf42d5b4339337a15e4ae35d6a4b4.jpg

49867bb59f33a186dc1ad2adde53ed20.jpg

I'm going on the Dream in March 2018 as well!! How cool.

I have been wondering about the flotation thingys myself and have found what look to be 2 different versions - one is wet and one is dry:

The wet:

The dry (and might be a NCL): https://mycruisestories.com/2016/03/04/how-to-get-free-spa-on-a-cruise/spa-splendor-dry-float-bed/

I'm going on the Dream in March 2018 as well!! How cool.

I have been wondering about the flotation thingys myself and have found what look to be 2 different versions - one is wet and one is dry:

The wet:

The dry (and might be a NCL): https://mycruisestories.com/2016/03/04/how-to-get-free-spa-on-a-cruise/spa-splendor-dry-float-bed/

Ladies and gents, my ever-hilarious sister-in-law!

I think it's the dry bed, as well. That video seems to be for a land-based chain.

I see a spa package in my future.... [emoji106]

Ladies and gents, my ever-hilarious sister-in-law!

I think it's the dry bed, as well. That video seems to be for a land-based chain.

I see a spa package in my future.... [emoji106]

That did make me laugh, I love how she copied your username. :D

interesting, i never saw those, is there an extra charge for the float?

All I could find was this through the FAQ link.

94b9da48e07a18203998d6f04c877535.jpg

It'll be fun to find out what the actual add on price is.

That did make me laugh, I love how she copied your username. :D

[emoji23]

There are flotation beds in the spa. We took a tour but didn't book the beds. Love the Thalasso pool and steam rooms. Last cooling off room has lemon water and tea you can make to relax after a trip through the spa. It looks out over the front of the ship.

There are flotation beds in the spa. We took a tour but didn't book the beds. Love the Thalasso pool and steam rooms. Last cooling off room has lemon water and tea you can make to relax after a trip through the spa. It looks out over the front of the ship.

Thank you for the info! If I wasn't looking forward to a spa day before, I sure am now!