Constellation Review July 30 to Aug 7

Taylor D

I'm not much of a writer but if someone can learn anything from our trip I hope it's helpful.

My wife and I are in our 50's and live a couple hours from Seattle so we flew Seattle to JFK then JFK to Frankfurt on Delta, we spent the extra money on first class and it was well worth it. We went to Frankfurt for two days and it's a nice city but felt the people were not real friendly so I don't think I would go back.

We then flew to Barcelona for two days before starting our cruise. We really loved Barcelona, the people the beaches everything we even took a cooking class that was really fun. we can't wait to go back. The only thing I would change is our hotel, but lesson learned.

We have been on about six cruises but never been to Europe and never on Celebrity so we really did not know what to expect. We headed to the port around noon and we were on the ship by one with drink in hand, it was so easy we were off to a good start. Our room was ready by two, we were in 7144 a balcony room and it was very nice we no complaints at all. We explored the ship and had dinner in the MDR. The food was great then we went to the show that night and was very entertaining.

When we booked we choose two perks we had the classic drink passage and paid tips. I drink a lot of beer and the classic package was perfect for us not having to worry about a 2 grand bar bill ant the end, Loved it.

The next day we were in Cannes France, we took a half day tour to Eze and Monaco. Loved Monaco, wish we could have stayed there all day. We got back to Cannes and it's a easy walk around town. Good food and friendly people.

Next stop Rome, We did an all day tour that gave us some free time each place we went. I'm only good for a couple churches but we really did like Rome it's a must see. I loved the Coliseum it really is incredible to see, just be aware their are pick pockets so guard your things.

The only down side is the 90 min bus ride to Rome but it's an easy ride but it makes for a long day.

The next day it was the incredible Amalfi coast. We were in Salerno and booked a day to the Island of Capri. Its an hour boat ride to another world where the rich and famous spend vacations. It is very beautiful and very expensive. Nothing is cheap there but I'm glad we went one time.

Next day was our one at sea day and if there was anything to complain about it's a day at sea with no chance of getting a chair by the pool. I would see the same chairs idle for two hours with personal items on them. After four days of go go go I just needed a rest so I parked myself in a bar with a nice view most of the day relaxing.

Next day Kotor, Montenergo. Very beautiful sailing in don't miss it, it's stunning.

We did a Kayak trip to a place called the Blue cave, it was fun but the tour was very unorganized and could never recommend it. It was not booked from Celebrity so I took a chance and lost, lesson learned.

Next day Zader, Croatia. Another beautiful place that we loved. We booked a canoeing trip down the Zrmanja river from Celebrity and this was the highlight of all our tours, we loved it. It was a bit pricey but well worth the money. The thing I liked about Montenegro and Croatia was things were reasonable priced and they were not overpriced for food and other things and nice people and very interesting history.

Next Day was Revenna Italy, We had booked a day at a really nice beach resort from Celebrity for the day but we had crazy thunder storms all night and into the morning so it was cancelled . The weather cleared up and we ended up just going into town and explore and have lunch. We loved the town, a lot of local people shopping because it was Saturday. Had a great lunch and did some shopping. If you ever get the chance check it out.

Next Day was Venice and off the ship. We spent two extra days in Venice. We took the train 50 miles to Rovigo to a B and B for an all day cooking school. We really liked Venice but just so over priced. It is a cool place to explore and I hope to go back some day.

To some it up we did not know what to expect from Celebrity and Europe as a whole so it was the best trip we have ever taken and we are already planning out next cruise and if it works out for dates and ports it for sure will be on Celebrity.

Hi TaylorD,

Thank you for your informative review. I'm glad that you had a great time on Constellation. She's a beautiful ship, and we have many great memories.

Welcome Home !

• 2 weeks later...

We were in cabins 6000 and 6001 so fairly near to you.We agree with what you said about everywhere even though we did more shopping as we have done similar destinations before. Our favourite of any was Zadar,we liked the Roman ruins mixed in with the modern. There was only one downfall regarding the cruise and this was the bills which have arrived for telephone calls.Every country was cheap for t/c but a 20 minute call from Kotor cost 70US$. Glad you enjoyed your European adventure.

My very first cruise was out of Barcelona on a Celebriy ship in 2008.

I was hooked.

Just finished 14 days on the Constellation July1-14. :)

Thanks for your review, and happy times planning your next European cruise.

Edited by Azulann