Ultimate Beach & Snorkle (SMC2) or Capt. Alan's 4hr Snorkle & Beach?

Piggeldy

We will be on St. Maarten in November with three ships in port (port load of 10780 according to Cruise TT). I suggested Swaliga 2's 3 Island tour to DH but he is uncomfortable with a 6 hour tour. We are scheduled to be in port until 6 pm, the tour runs until 4.15 pm and our next stop is St. Kitts which is a 30 minute flight if we happened to miss the ship but I don't want him to worry all day so private full-day tours are out.

As RCCL doesn't offer full-day snorkeling excursions, I have cut it down to the Ultimate Beach and Snorkel Adventure (SMC2) which is a 3 1/2 hour tour around the island on a power rafting boat with snorkeling at either Creole Rock or Green Cay (depending on the weather I assume).

The alternative (private) option seems to be Captain Alan's 4 hr Snorkel & Beach tour. According to the flyer on the website this stops at Tintamar, Green Key and Pinel.

Both are pretty much the same price (Captain Alan's is a tad more expensive).

Any recommendations for either?

Has anyone done the cruise line excursion?

Does anyone know if there is an excursion that offers both Creole Rock and Green Cay in one tour (even if it's six hours)? It seems to be either or?

As we are from Europe, we do not know if and when we will be back in St Maarten. I hope sooner rather than later but who knows.

Your risk of missing boat when taking Swaliga 2 is not measurable - close to zero. If that tour looks good to you - go for it. Captain Alan does a good job - we have gone with them many times. I would do Capt Alan before taking a ship's excursion. Or, go with Bob Cass or any of others.

Why not find some of the tour operators that have an itiniery that you like and email them your concerns? They may be able to help calm your fears and your husbands regarding missing the ship with a private excursion. Or check out the FAQs on the websites. I like personally Blue Safaris because they have the Anquilla day trip option. I know Soualiga for one has a lot of boats and prides themselves on never missing the ship. I am sure Captain Alan has the same promise. A 6pm departure is easily doable. Most of these tours end at 4pm anyway and the dock for Soualiga and for blue safari is walking distance from the ship (Bobby's Marina)

Thank you both for your input :)

Yes, I am aware there is very little risk to miss the boat. We have talked about it again and he is adamant he won't do it. As it's his vacation as well and I don't want to force him into anything, I am actually okay with not going on a full-day tour. I want him to relax as well. I am aware that realistically the risk to miss the boat is probably zero but why make him worry all day?

Maybe we will do the RCL tour (though it doesn't seem very popular on cruise critic, very little info on it) and then add a few hours at the beach. We still have sixty days to figure something out.