I said I would never cruise again!

lydiaw86

I hate coming home from a cruise with suitcases full of laundry, needing to plan meals for the work week, catching up on 100 work emails and voice messages,etc. I had planned to do my laundry on the ship because I thought that would beat doing it when I got back home. To top it when I am home doing I am depressed because it keeps reminding me with every load that my fun is done.

That being said after reading this thread I think I'll just have to put up with the depression.

• 2 weeks later...
i had a similar situation happen to me at college. i had put my quarters in the dryer and started the laundry up and went back to my room only to come back and find my stuff on the table soaking wet and someone else drying their stuff. i took my stuff to my room, went back and threw the persons laundry out the 3rd floor window. i never found out who did it, and i personally didnt want them to find out who threw their stuff outside. i was considering peeing on it, but i thought the window was the more mature option...haha!

Love it!

We went on the Truimph on 11/1/03. I felt really contained on the sailing, I think because it was a 7 day only 3 ports and I am a constant doer.

I also almost got into a fist fight with a lady and her family in the laundry area.

I am going on my second cruise with some different friends this time, that love to party so I am hoping we have a great time.

Did anybody feel this way about thier first cruise. As time past all the little stuff didn't matter and all that started to matter was the beauty of the ocean?

LW

For the protection of all the other passengers....be sure to take some Valium with you *just incase* you decide to *almost* get into a fist fight with someone over laundry again!!!! Or worse feel confined!!

That ought to mellow you out a bit and allow you to enjoy the cruise experience!! Fighting over clean undies and sox are just not worth it my friend~ Let loose and have some fun!!!

:)

I have a tendency to do a load or two of laundry on a cruise, now matter if I had packed enough or not. I usually run short of something so need to do a load. I pretty much do what lydia did, through the load in the machine then go back to the cabin or somewhere else on these ship (basically do what I would have been doing anyway, laundry or no laundry). Then 10 minutes or so before the cycle ends, show back up, wait for it to finish and then move to the dryer or take back to cabin as appropriate, to me no big deal.

All of the times that I have done this I have never had what happened to lydia happen to me. I like that idea about throwing the laundry out the window, but in this case it would be over the railing. :)

I am just a constant doer and it's in my blood. Kinda of like the depression era folk who spend very little, I must always be doing something. It's my heritage and the way I was raised.

The fight in the laundry happened like this:

Went down and put in a load of stuff in the washer came back 10 minutes early to avoid holding up the washer and waited for my clothes to be finished put in the quarters and started the dryer.

Came back also early about 15 minutes later ( in the attempts to take out the clothes early so I could hang dry the rest of the way, it was a small load only panties and bras) when I returned my items were on the floor and someone elses items were in the dryer on my dime.

So I waited there to see who would come back to claim the clothes and when the women came back I confronted her on the theft and she started to want to fight me.

She also admitted that she was in law enforcement! A cop, well I was not going to allow her to treat me the way she was so she wanted to fight. I got her in her face and told her to step back away from me before I lost my cool. My hubby walked in and stpped the almost fight. Then when we were collecting our things she ran down the hall and got other family members to start harassing us.

When I told one of the family members that he and his family would never forget this incident because I never would because IRS agents have the best memories in the world, they said, "you work for the IRS?':eek: I said, yes, I am an auditor!" They looked at each other, turned around and almost ran down the hall.

I hate mean people!

They deserved that IRS comment. Jerks :D

MAM! STEP AWAY FROM THE PANTIES!

We went on the Truimph on 11/1/03. I felt really contained on the sailing, I think because it was a 7 day only 3 ports and I am a constant doer.

I also almost got into a fist fight with a lady and her family in the laundry area.

I am going on my second cruise with some different friends this time, that love to party so I am hoping we have a great time.

Did anybody feel this way about thier first cruise. As time past all the little stuff didn't matter and all that started to matter was the beauty of the ocean?

LW

As hard as it is for those of us who LOVE to cruise to understand, cruising is not for everyone. I agree with other posts that the ports are "extras", I could take them or leave them, it's the CRUSIN' that make the cruise for me.

However... I have a good friend that feels exactly the same way you do about feeling confined and (for lack of a better word) bored. He now just flyes directly to the place he wants to go and could not be happier.

Some people...

I hate mean people!

They deserved that IRS comment. Jerks :D

028.gif

I’m sorry, but this just struck me as hilarious. Way to be thinking on your feet.

Be sure to read your Capers cover to cover each night. It will help to make sure that you never have a dull moment.

As for me, the ports are just something to do so that I don’t overdo the sun. Otherwise, you can find me on a deck chair soaking in the sun, chatting with my DW, and minding an ice cold bucket of barley pop.

MAM! STEP AWAY FROM THE PANTIES!

Too Funny!!!! :D

Step away from the SOGGY WET panties if they werent even dried yet!!!!!

I can see it now in the news.... Headlines read~

" Passengers on luxury cruise line fist fight over wet bloomers!!! It all started when passengers became irate and confined on ship!! Captain had to seperate the 2 unruly passengers and unwrap the thong from the others neck!! It was a frightening scene but all was resolved after the 2 were questioned by ship security!! The 2 were banned from the laundry room for the duration of the cruise and forced to wear their bloomers inside out for the remaining week "!!!

NO.

I could sail on a 7 day cruise with no ports. I cruise for the ship, the activities, and the people I meet. And if I choose to do nothing, that's on board too.

If it's ports you're looking for, why not go directly there? :confused:

I do agree with Mr. Pete 100%! I also think that cruising gets better each time you go. Soooo maybe your second round will be much better then your first and if you are with people who know how to have a good time then fun and enjoyment shouldn't be a problem. :)

"There are medications and counseling available for people like you."

Oh tef...you old softy! :p

I may have felt trapped too...paranoid that the laundry "cop" and family was coming around the corner to beat my butt! That's no way to spend a vacation!!

I have to admit, toward the end of my 1st cruise, which was 7 days long and had 2 days at sea on the end, I started feeling kind of restless, but I was preoccupied with some stuff that was going on at home and my mom was having problems with her hip and had to stay in bed for the majority of the time. I did have a few nightmares about not being able to find my way off the ship after we got back. I guess that's why it took me so long to book the next cruise, but after the Conquest cruise I am positively hooked!! Plus, Celebration was the ship I was on and by the time the 6th day rolled around I had memorized every square foot of public space. I need a ship with a little more size on it, I guess.

This is your holiday. NO laundry . Pay the little extra to get room service to do it (I do) They even ironed my socks.

Avoid the laundry room like the plague. It is time to Relax.

I concider the ship the destination. I am a doer. I get up at 6am and burn rubber doing things all day and night on the ship . There always is plenty to do if you look for it.

I have met a few inconciderate people and some anoying people but EVIL?

I think this term is better saved for another venue other than cruising.

We sailed on the Triumph in March 2003. In all honesty, when we left Jamaica, I couldn't believe we still had another whole day at sea and we ready to get back to Miami. The Triumph for us was okay but the every other day at sea was just too much. We did do a post-cruise excursion on South Beach which was one of the best parts of our trip and my DH said this would probably be it for cruises (we had been on 4 previously). In contrast, we sailed out of Port Canaveral in April on the Glory. It was fabulous from start to finish. Had four ports and it was wonderful. I can't put my finger on what the issues were from the Triumph to the Glory, since they are basically the same ship but itinerary for us is a BIG deal. I wouldn't like the idea of two days together at sea (eastern) especially on the way home. Too long but know others feel much differently.

Our first cruise was a Friday-Monday trip from Miami to Nassau and truthfully we were bored and thought we would never do it again. Part of the problem was that weather confined us to Nassau for the whole time and we didn't get to experience a true at sea day. We decided to try a 7-day cruise the next year and loved it and we have cruised 8 times in the past 10 years and have another one coming up in March. We like the combination of port and at sea days, but do enjoy the at sea days very much. As others have said, those days are very relaxing and you meet some great people.

Our first cruise was a Friday-Monday trip from Miami to Nassau and truthfully we were bored and thought we would never do it again. Part of the problem was that weather confined us to Nassau for the whole time and we didn't get to experience a true at sea day. We decided to try a 7-day cruise the next year and loved it and we have cruised 8 times in the past 10 years and have another one coming up in March. We like the combination of port and at sea days, but do enjoy the at sea days very much. As others have said, those days are very relaxing and you meet some great people.

In my opinion...you can't compare a 4 day to a 7 or 8 day. Aeren't you happy you didn't give up after the first time :-)

Archived