Another Disney pricing post

cyclenut

And in fairness, the youngest member of our group is now a "20 something." I might feel different if I had little people involved. But at this point in our lives, seeing Japan is more important than seeing Mickey. Although I'm convinced that if DCL cruised there, they could sell out at any price.

And in fairness' date=' the youngest member of our group is now a "20 something." I might feel different if I had little people involved. But at this point in our lives, seeing Japan is more important than seeing Mickey. Although I'm convinced that if DCL cruised there, they could sell out at any price.[/quote']

Agreed!

Yeah--the EBTA' date=' cheapest cabin available for 2017 is more than triple what I paid for that cruise in 2010. I do understand the concept of rising costs for fuel, etc. but you know they had to at least be "breaking even" in 2010. Triple the cost makes no sense to me, especially when I can get a very similar cruise on another line for half of what DCL is charging.[/quote']

again, a company does not price a product by costs alone, but also how much the market will bear - i.e. the demand for the product

Edited by alaska_planner

The bottom line is still AL LINES charge the amount the public will pay. Fact is if carnival or NCL could charge more they would, in a NY minute. However they offer a standard cruise and people are not willing to pay more. In fact is your read those sites, many of their guests are complaining big time are prices going up and cut and are starting to look elsewhere.

Lets be honest here, if anyone here discovers that their product or job is worth more or more pay.........your going to be looking for the higher price/pay. No one is going to sit back and say, no ill just sell my widgets for less or just keep working at a lower rate of pay.

DCL offers the Magic of Disney on remarkable originator and unique vessels and great cruises, which cost more to put on and people are willing to pay for it. These people feel its well worth the price and yes some don't.

The minute the people don't pay for it.....the prices will come down.

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper