Hotel Dilemma: Hyatt Pier 66 or Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale?

tispwisp

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale several times for our precruise stay and really like the hotel. I have a room booked there again prior to our Coral cruise in April. However, I have heard such awesome reviews on the Hyatt Pier 66 that now I am thinking about switching.

Any opinions on my dilemma would be appreciated. I know that I will probably be happy in either hotel. Views are very important to me, I LOVE having a view of the port. Our last time at the Embassy, we had a room on the 10th floor facing the port. I know that the views from the tower rooms at Hyatt would no doubt be awesome. Also, we like to walk and pick up some last minute supplied at Publix. Is it convenient to walk over the bridge to the Publix? Finally, one last question: since we drive, how is the parking at the Pier 66?

Thanks for any input!

I can't believe you are worrying about next April. There are so many people who are wondering if they even have a place to sleep or are they out on the street when they arrive in FLL in the next couple of weeks prior to their cruise & you are worrying about either the Embassy Suites or Hyatt Pier 66 next April.

I'd like to express my thanks also to Trent and Bequila for all their time keeping us all informed of the latest developments. Thanks so much!

I have no idea how or if the hurricane has affected the remodelling projects at either hotel, but Embassy Suites was suppose to have all of their rooms remodelled by the first of the year.

Hyatt Pier 66's project is much more extensive and while I haven't heard when their entire project would be finished I got the impression it would be sometime next year before everything is done. The last part of their project is completely redoing their rooms, and from the description of what they're doing it will be quite spectacular when it's completed.

Yes, the views of the port from the tower rooms are absolutely spectacular and if you like balconies some of them are huge! If you're really into views, a tower room on a high floor at Pier 66 is what you want! ;)

If you like to walk a lot it's possible to walk across the bridge to Publix. I think most people would consider it a bit too far though, it's over a mile to the new Publix - Now located in a large new strip mall behind Embassy Suites.

Both hotels have valet parking. They charge, but I don't remember off the top of my head what the charge is.

Trent - Thank you so much for your help! We scrimp and save to have one really nice vacation a year and a nice precruise hotel can really set the tone for the cruise! The walk doesn't bother us at all - especially after a 12 hour drive! :)

I hope and pray that things are getting better in South Florida and greatly appreciate your keeping everyone posted on the hotel situation there.

Thank you again!

I can't believe you are worrying about next April. There are so many people who are wondering if they even have a place to sleep or are they out on the street when they arrive in FLL in the next couple of weeks prior to their cruise & you are worrying about either the Embassy Suites or Hyatt Pier 66 next April.

I'd like to express my thanks also to Trent and Bequila for all their time keeping us all informed of the latest developments. Thanks so much!

That was very mean and nasty of you-this is a board designed to ask cruise questions-April or otherwise-I am asking the same questions about the Hyatt in another post and I'm not going until June-so what-

We all feel teriible about this entire storm season, but that doesn't change the fact that we have our own lives that keep moving, and we have questions about our trips-that's why we log on here-you have no right to freak out over a question-if you don't like it, go elsewhere!!!

To the OP, I just booked Hyatt for June 06 pre-cruise-got it on Price line, 2 $160 rooms for $80 each-

I have heard good and bad about this hotel, more bad as of late, but I think that the remodeling will take care of most of the problems (mold, run-down rooms) i have heard great things about location, views and other things.

I would hope that since it's only October, that the hotel should be finished by both your stay and mine!!!

If you do go ther in April, please email me or post a review-I would love to hear the condition in April, as I will be there in June.

Thanks, Tracey

Tracey - Wow! You got a great price at the Hyatt! I do think that probably most of the renovations will be complete by the time we stay there. (I hope so anyway!) I have definitely decided to book a room at the Hyatt (will probably try to book a tower room) and I will be sure to let you know how it was upon our return in May. I plan to wander around the entire complex as I want to see what the Lanai rooms are like as well. Hopefully, we will hear from other posters who will be staying at the Hyatt to keep us posted as to the renovation progress! :)

Amy:

If you haven't already booked, you may hit on Priceline too?? Because they are remodeling, and the storms and everything else, they are taking low bids all thru Florida right now. I know some like Priceline, some hate it, we'll see how it works out for me in June. Have a great trip, can't wait to hear how the hotel actually was, post-remodeling.

Tracey

Archived