Birthday Package - have you ordered one?

NotACruiserYet

Our daughter turns 11 during our upcoming cruise on Escape. I see that they offer a Birthday Package - balloons, a cake, whatnot. Has anyone ordered this? What did you think of it - was it worth it? Do they just decorate your room sometime while you're out of it? It might be worth the $35 not to have to haul that stuff onboard myself! ;) TIA.

We did for our son in May. He turned 6. Package was a good deal at $35. For something similar, Royal Caribbean charges $60+.

They hung balloons, streamers, signs before we embarked, so when we walked in he was surprised. The cake was large (our family of 4 only finished half of it in the week-long cruise) and tasty. I would definitely order it again.

Here's a link to a review that shows a picture of what the room will look like: http://papiblogger.com/family-travel-diaries/10-things-i-loved-about-sailing-the-eastern-caribbean-aboard-the-norwegian-getaway/

Ours also had the towel birthday cake.

Edited by MikeBTN

I ordered and had it done for my son's 10th birthday. He is now 13 and still talks about that cruise and the cabin decorations. We also got a real nice cake delivered to the cabin. Nicer than the ones they do at dinner.

I wanted it for the entire cruise, so asked that it be set up the first day. They thought I actually wanted it on the day of his birthday, but that was like 5 days into the cruise. So I spoke to the cabin steward and he got it done while we were out. It was a great hit.

We did for our son in May. He turned 6. Package was a good deal at $35. For something similar, Royal Caribbean charges $60+.

They hung balloons, streamers, signs before we embarked, so when we walked in he was surprised. The cake was large (our family of 4 only finished half of it in the week-long cruise) and tasty. I would definitely order it again.

Here's a link to a review that shows a picture of what the room will look like: http://papiblogger.com/family-travel-diaries/10-things-i-loved-about-sailing-the-eastern-caribbean-aboard-the-norwegian-getaway/

Ours also had the towel birthday cake.

Wow your blog post was awesome! Makes me want to show it to my hubby to get him more excited about going.

And yes, $35 is CHEAP, especially compared to other cruise lines, I think we paid about $50 for 2 little Halloween banners on DCL 2 years ago.