Cruise Ventura N625

midgefood

Hi. Was looking for advice re couple of ports on above cruise.

We only want to wander around shops in Lisbon however not sure if shopping area is accessible from p&o shuttle bus. My OH is on the stadium tour leaving me & my mum without his expert sense of direction :eek:

Is there enough to do in La Palma & Vigo under our own steam or would you recommend booked excursions?

Thanks

:D

Lisbon. You can either walk from the ship into town about 10 minutes, or catch the shuttle which drops you off at the top of the town and you can walk back through the shopping area back down to the front.

In Vigo there is a shopping arcade at the port, not huge but big enough for a couple of hours. There are other shops a bit further into town.

In Lisbon the ship either docks within a short walking distance to the town or further out close to the bridge in which case a shuttle will be required.

As for Vigo the ship docks close to the town but in all honesty there is absolutely nothing there other than to wander around. As you disembark Vigo the ship there are plenty of local tourist people near the quay who offer cheap trips if that is your thing - much cheaper than anything P&O offer.

La Palma is again walkable from the ship but it is a very steep island. There are shops etc and cafes. It's a pleasant enough place to wander around but don't hold your breath as there is only one long street. Can't advise on excursions but the island is so steep I can't imagine there is anything much of interest other than to be taken up into the hills where I would imagine there are decent views.

Vigo is not as dull as people say. Make the effort and walk up into the old town. Directly opposite the berth. Some lovely buildings and alleys.Small open squares and nice bars and cafes. Well worth a look. I don't understand people's downer with Vigo. We r on N625 shortly and are looking forward to visiting Vigo again

Vigo, tip. Have a look at the shopping centre at the port. When you have done that take the lift to the second floor and go out the back of the building. This takes you on to a bridge which leads you into the old town. Keep going up, at the top you come to a wide street with interesting traffic lights. If you turn left, look forward and the road forks a few hundred yards in front of you. The right fork is the main, pedestrianised shopping street. I call this real Spain, no tourist shops, they are in the old town. Go as far as you want then turn left again and go back down the hill. You eventually come to the marina and you can see your ship to your left.

Warning this is real Spain and by 13.30 all the shops will be shut.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app