Excursion Suggestions for Cozumel, Belize, and Isla Roatan?

natperks

Hi hi! This is my first post on cruisecritic but I've been lurking for awhile (mainly before any upcoming cruises!) I'm 24 and have been on 5 cruises since my first one when I was 14 - I'm definitely hooked!

This is the second one I am planning for myself and the first cruise my boyfriend will ever go on!

I'm a little overwhelmed by excursion options - which is weird because I had no problems last time! We definitely want to have a beach day at one stop and a catamaran/snorkel at another. Relatively open for a third activity - just not too pricey. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Hi hi! This is my first post on cruisecritic but I've been lurking for awhile (mainly before any upcoming cruises!) I'm 24 and have been on 5 cruises since my first one when I was 14 - I'm definitely hooked!

This is the second one I am planning for myself and the first cruise my boyfriend will ever go on!

I'm a little overwhelmed by excursion options - which is weird because I had no problems last time! We definitely want to have a beach day at one stop and a catamaran/snorkel at another. Relatively open for a third activity - just not too pricey. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Suggestions: Coz = beach day at Senor Sanchez or Nachi, Cat sail in Roatan (independent), Belize = zip lining, rappeling & cave tubing

Cozumel: Cenotes, I think carnival may call them the secret river or something like that. Another option is the Isla Mujeres Tour, awesome little island. if you do this rent a golf car for cheap and ride around the whole island and the end at the Fenix Lounge for food drinks and scenery (there may not be enough time in port for all of that though).

Roatan: LFK, Little French Key for sure best option, one of the best options in the whole carribean. Snorkel tour, jumping platform, zoo, paddle boards, best beach super clear water. You book directly through LFK and they pick you up from the port, spend all day there.

For your day in Roatan, I highly recommend the catamaran/snorkel trip with Radical Adventures. We did it a couple of years ago with our young adult children (aged 23 and 26 at the time) and they both thought it was great.

(Note: I booked it after having read many great reviews of them here on CC).

Here's a link to their website: http://www.svfreeradical.com/

Cozumel: Cenotes, I think carnival may call them the secret river or something like that. Another option is the Isla Mujeres Tour, awesome little island. if you do this rent a golf car for cheap and ride around the whole island and the end at the Fenix Lounge for food drinks and scenery (there may not be enough time in port for all of that though).

Roatan: LFK, Little French Key for sure best option, one of the best options in the whole carribean. Snorkel tour, jumping platform, zoo, paddle boards, best beach super clear water. You book directly through LFK and they pick you up from the port, spend all day there.

I 100% agree with Little French Key. It is probably my favorite excursion at any port. There are a lot of options depending on what you want to do for the day.

Cozumel...I like Paradise Beach, Cozumel Bar Hop (you go to the other side of the island and see beautiful beaches that you will not see in town) and Mr Sanchos...just did last week for the first time and loved it.

Belize...the options are endless. We are doing the snorkel with the nurse sharks and stingrays. I have done cave tubing twice (would only do again if someone that I was cruising with wanted to go...it was nice..but not something I need to do again and again). I have done ziplining as well and I have also just exited the gates and enjoyed the city.

In Belize we did the Shark & Rays swim and my son and I loved it. My daughter was afraid of the sharks so she and my husband did the Xunatunich tour. They had a great time. On the Sharks and Rays we snorkeled and had a guide that pointed out everything we were looking at. We ate at place in Caye Caulker and had the best conch fritters I have ever eaten.

Roatan - We went across the sky lift over to the beach right there at the Port. We were able to do some snorkeling there, plus they have all the equipment to rent including chairs. There is also a Fat Tuesday there if I remember the correct name.

In Belize, the River Wallace & Altun Ha excursion is sooooo worth it. This year we are doing cave tubing. it looks like it is going to be a blast too.

For Roatan, last time we did a Victor Bodden tour where we had a driver for the day and he took us wherever we wanted to go. Would do that again in a heartbeat.

Been to Cozumel way too much so now that is our beach day excursion at a little beach club that the cruise ships dont send excursions to and they dont advertise way too much. Its a nice quiet all inclusive day, Our kids love that beach club too.

Cozumel:

We've done Salsa y salsa thru Carnival and an independent tour called Cozumel Bar Hop. Salsa takes you to a resort where they teach you to make 6-7 salsas while loading you up on good margaritas. You eat the salsas with taquitos, quesadillas, etc. After you're "loaded", you learn to salsa dance. Afterward, you can hang there by the beach or pool or go back to the port for shopping or just getting back on the ship. The Bar Hop takes you to 4 bars on the other side of the island and includes a small shot at each as well as time to eat or drink more.

Belize:

We did a snorkel excursion at a barrier reef which included a stop at a beach-y type place.

Roatan:

We used Victor Bodden Tours for a private tour. It was very affordable and we saw only what we wanted, and nothing we didn't. Also, since it was a private tour (just us and our driver), we got to know him pretty well and got to know about life there.

In Belize, the River Wallace & Altun Ha excursion is sooooo worth it. This year we are doing cave tubing. it looks like it is going to be a blast too.

For Roatan, last time we did a Victor Bodden tour where we had a driver for the day and he took us wherever we wanted to go. Would do that again in a heartbeat.

Been to Cozumel way too much so now that is our beach day excursion at a little beach club that the cruise ships dont send excursions to and they dont advertise way too much. Its a nice quiet all inclusive day, Our kids love that beach club too.

What beach club do you goto in Cozumel?