Excellent Customer Service

shirleygr

Hey, everyone, I just have to tell you about my incredible experience with RC's customer service today.

Some background: We are booked on the Nov 7 Enchantment of the Seas cruise for our anniversary. We had planned on dropping our dds off with the in-laws (who live in South Florida) and going on our cruise. Wednesday I received a call from my MIL stating they were not going to have power restored until sometime after Nov 10 and could not take the girls for us. In a panic, I called RC and added my two girls, 5 and 3 yo to our cabin. Then had to arrange pier transport and re-arrange my flights to accomodate this change, etc, etc.

Today, we received a call from the grandparents--power has been restored, all is well, we can take the kids afterall. Great--panic. I knew we could take the girls off our reservation, but wasn't sure about getting a refund.

I called RC and explained to the customer service rep the whole story. He said, sorry, final payment penalty, yadda, yadda. Then he said, I can connect you to someone higher up in customer service, it can't hurt to try. I said, sure, why not.

I explain the whole story to this lady who immediately puts me on hold. Next thing I know, I am talking to someone higher up the food chain. Once again, I explained the whole story and he said, Let me see what I can do. He puts me on hold for maybe 4 or 5 minutes and comes back to say he has removed the girls from our reservation, and refunded their fare, plus the cost of their pier transfers. I was so amazed, I practically cried. I was pretty sure we were going to have to eat that $600+.

I just wish I had gotten his name. Way to go RC.

Archived